NEW LEAF

MAHILCHI P.O.V

The traffic lights were stubborn and not signalling green , thousands of vehicles were waiting to fly, Vidu was busy with her fiance's call .

So many things happened today but his words alone was repeatedly slamming my brain , " the black dress you chose was perfect on you" .

Did he really meant it ?

Was he there when I tried out that dress ?

OMG !! I was pretty and perfect in the eyes of Jignesh . I looked at the mirror on the left . My cheeks were red like plum , am I feeling shy ???

No no this dim yellow street lights are giving this effect . But my heart is beating very happily as I recall those words. Any girl's heart will behave this way , when a very handsome guy compliments you . Yippee !!!

Finally the green signal showed off , the air was becoming refreshing as I moved out of the main city . I felt something good .

After dropping my sweet friend at her place I reached my home . My dream home , all administred by me , my little own space . But my real home is more welcoming than this because my amma is there . Seriously I miss her , she never complaints when I crush her with my bear hugs and make her sleepless with my dramas and cuddles.

Amma I miss you , a girl needs her amma at any age . I could see a big car outside my apartment building , some guests in someone's home ? Who cares now all I want is my beauty sleep and ugly pj's .

I parked the vespa and rushed towards my home . The alley leading to my home was very dark , ufff again the fuse has gone . I moved further . Only my footsteps was audible , the gentle wind turned harsh , it was blowing hard , intimidating me .I made my pace faster .

Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Someone screamed .... wait it is not someone . " Mahimaaaaaaaa " I yelled.

The lights came back and yes it was Mahima .

My twin sister was standing before me with her eyes wide open lips reaching each end of the face .

She rolled her eyes in disbelief as I was not affected by her histrionic performance .

" Idly you didn't get scared huh "

" My daughter will not get scared for silly things like this mahima ".

It was my amma . Ooh how I much I wanted her , I hugged her tightly . She kissed me making me aware she was missing me too. Her eyes scanned me with affection to confirm I was hale and healthy.

Mahima hugged us .

"Now open the door quickly kuttyma , we have been waiting here for an hour "

I opened the door quickly " Amma you could have called me "

" No our appa wanted to surprise you idly !".

"What !!!!???? Appa and surprise sounds different" . I was surprised because he never gives surprise .

Both of them nodded yes in surprise too. We smiled at each other .

" But where is Appa ?"

" He went to meet some business acquaintances in New Delhi . My amma answered searching for coffee powder in my kitchen shelf "

" Oh "

She made coffee for us . We sat and chatted , Mahima was having loads of stories to tell .

The door bell shifted our attention . I ran to open the door to see my Appa.

He was standing there , anyone will respect him at first sight , appa is a humble person with so much of knowledge and little bit of ego . He smiled very pleasantly at me , he rubbed my head very gently .