back at it again

"Are you sure Dinah doesn't hate us?" The dark skinned girl asked again while she walked the aisle with me following closely behind. I was back at it again with the slacking. Duffley called in sick so Ally was all hip hip hooray when he put her in charge for the day not knowing that no one would listen to someone who didn't have to bend to touch the floor.

I rolled my eyes, this time spinning Normani on her heels and gripping her shoulders softly. I may or may not have only done this stare into her big, chocolate eyes or just to make sure she read my lips loud and clear.

"She...does... not... ha-"

"Okay, captain dickhead. Im not five and I was only asking again because I like her and didn't want the feeling not be mutual anymore because of a bad run in with my friend, you know?" Normani confessed.

"You can take my word, babe," I reassured her a third time. "So, what are you looking for?"

My eyes scanned the shelves and noticed it was none other than the Baby aisle. What could she possibly need in here?

Normani shrugged. Did she really have a kid? Was Dinah actually right and wasn't fucking with me?

"Are you alright?" Normani poked at my stomach with her tilted to the side as she looked at me. I simply nodded.

"You know you make these weird  faces when you're thinking about something? Like for instance your eyebrows are creased and your lips puckered." She began to point out. Good thing she couldn't read my mind.

"Why are you looking at me so much, huh?" I teased with a smirk playing on my lips.

Of course when I was just getting my flirting on, Ally herself walks on by past us before taking two steps back and turning at me. I began to cough and slip one of the products of the shelf.

"Ah, yes ma'am this is very good for butt infections, especially those rashes. I prefer ointment though, I was once a rasher myself in my early years." I started, giving my costumer a hard look. Normani caught on and began to nod in astonishment.

"Thank you, I'll definitely give this a try." And with that, she walked off, turning the corner, leaving me with the spawn of Duffley.

"You're doing really good, Lauren," Ally complimented as she finished watching my good salesmanship skills. "What exactly was that you gave her though?"

"The good ole Johnson and Johnson butt ointment rash cream deal, I heard its rocketing through the roof since it reached stores and look at me selling it for the first time. It's honestly a shame you didn't bring a camera." I decided to entertain the scene Normani and I displayed because I knew how much of rat Ally was. And Ally seemed to be soaking it in.

"The real shame is that you sold the girl itching powder!" Ally exclaimed, her nice girl act disappearing in a matter of seconds. "If she comes back here with complaints, it's all on you."

Not wanting to argue with the leprechaun dynasty, I nodded in understanding and expected her to let it go but she continued to go on and on about the policies of the store and how many I have broken so far. While I decided to soak this in just in case she wanted to throw some false statements at me when Duffley took back his throne, my thoughts drifted back to Normani. Did she leave after our performance?

"Okaaaaayyy, Ally. I got it." I had raise my voice because of how loud she was being but quiet at the same time. I could barely hear my own thoughts which made me so uncomfortable.

I ran off after that. Looking for my favorite customer and girl, I searched every known aisle in the store. Even the bathrooms which not many customers used because of what had happened when I first got the job. Let's just say I had diarrhea and I wasn't too good with directions so I ended up going to the wrong bathroom.

The store was closing up in the next 15 minutes. I assumed Normani had gone home and decided to head to the Break room, this was also where everyone was at by the end of the day. Either complaining about how rough work was or getting their coats off the rack and heading out. I usually closed the store so when Ally offered, I jetted myself out of there.

Dinah was already parked outside, I hopped right in.

Glancing over at me when she saw her once passenger seat empty now occupied she looked at the time on her phone.

"Why so early?" She questioned, igniting the engine and backing up the car.

I explained to her what happened and also included my performance with Normani and our conversation. She didn't seem too interested though, like she was bothered or annoyed.

"You do like Normani, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

Then what was up? I decided to let it slide until they got home but I also noticed Dinah checking her phone every 5 minutes while she drove. Not only was I curious at what was making this girl not pay attention to road but why the fuck she wasn't paying attention to the road when she needed to?

They were a plenty of other rules I hadn't broken at my job so I wasn't about to die.

"If you look at your phone one more time or even think about it, I personally snap your neck before you crash us both." I threatened with a dead serious face.

Dinah held her hands up as surrender which made me even more mad because she let go of the wheel. When she realized what she had did, she gripped it back and stared laughing. We had finally reached home and I practically flew out the car, any more minute spent in there with Dinah, I would be the one laughing this time but in my mugshot.

I swung open our apartment door, flinging my jacket on the couch and next was myself as I landed on a cushion. Dinah was seated at the kitchen table, her eyes fixated on her device at her hands.

"Who is it? Do I at least know him too?" I questioned. There was no way there wasn't someone or something making her roommate this distracted.

"I didn't tell you what really happened," Dinah looked up from her phone and made her way next time on the couch. "Yesterday with Camila."

"What happened?" I was really curious.

"We kinda, sorta... maybe kissed." She finally blurted out.