hobknocker

Ding

Ding

Ding

Ding

This sound wasn't all too familiar to me yet since I've had been working at this store for little over a month now to help pay the rent, my roommate, Dinah was struggling to uphold.

She had been struggling with the bills while I was also in a problem with applying for a job, that was until I found this dump. But in Dinah's word, this wasn't a dump we could flush.

Every hour or so the ding would wake me from my snooze behind the counter where I held the job as the clerk. It was quite a serious position for someone who had no experience whatsoever and barely qualified as a janitor let alone someone who handled cash.

When I applied for this job, I expected something less social and less aerobic. Basically, just standing around was what she thought was okay for myself.

Right then a husky little boy approached me at the counter, placing down a Dragon Ball Z video game. Like I had saw other clerks done when I bought things and what I was taught for the job I scanned the item using the bar code and green numbers appeared on the computer screen saying '$5.99'

The kid didn't even glance at the larger equipment practically screaming the price of the game but placed down only $3.

"Sorry, kiddo but you're missing 3 dollars more." I said with the nicest smile I could perform, in reality I couldn't stand kids. Especially after the one who came before him that called me a hobknocker, I was steaming to make a kid cry right now.

"What if I take the game and come back later with the rest of the cash?"

I shook my head.

"Fine then, you booty licker." He stuck his tongue out.

A smile creeped up on my lips and I slowly leaned forward over the counter, gripping the kid by his ugly striped shirt and spoke slow and softly, "What if I take this game and shove it so far up your penis, every time you jack off that shrimp baby of yours you'll feel a fucking Kamehameha."

"Lauren!" Mr. Duffley ran all his way through the Health & Beauty aisle towards me, nearly falling face down on the floor.

If it had happen I would have won a bet. The man was pretty old, leaving his 50s a couple months back. I was sure of it if he kept sprinting the way he did across the store like Forrest he would be dead before he hit the floor.

And I could admit that I could use the cash. Thinking of how many Benjamins I would be grabbing hold of from coworkers in the Break room if it had happen now made me light up.

"What is so funny, Jauregui?! I don't think you understand at all what you're doing to my business, you're jeopardizing my incomes. Kids are terrified of you. And I'm sorry to break it you but why in hell would you apply at ToysRUs if you hate kids?!" My manager exclaimed, with his hands on his broad hips as he paced back and forth in his small office while she was slumped in a chair.

That wad probably the most honest thing this man has ever said since I started working here. Although I couldn't answer the question myself I knew deep down why.

a/n

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY NORMANI THATS MY FUCKING BABY SHES SO GORGEOUS AND TALENTED AND PERFECT

btw i changed it to first person its way easier for me this way