her

"You know what I hate the most?" I blurted out while swirling myself around in the chair in the Break room.

I had decided to start with a fresh new plate this week, waking up extra early, showered and even wore the proper attire to work. Since I was always late, I never got to catch up on the latest gossip in the store. But if you wanted to know what and what and who and who, you had to come early.

Unfortunately, I wasn't about that thug life so I kept my fine ass in bed and got up whenever I wanted. Until today.

"No way. You're so lying to me right now." Ally giggled out, barely audible to others but clear to my own ears since I lived with that all through high school.

Her friend and coworker, Brenda spun around after pouring herself another cup of coffee. "I'm not lying. It was on the security cameras but I don't think Duffley saw though, surprisingly though because his eyes are glued to them shits all day and everyday."

I didn't really find a liking to Brenda. Two reasons, she literally knew everything about everything so I definitely couldn't trust her and I didn't really like much people anyway.

But she was wrong. Duffley only had his follicles glued to the monitors if I was on duty. It was logics. Second grade math even.

Feeling ignored after my outburst earlier, I repeated herself. This time, everyone yelled back in unison. "We know you hate fucking kids!"

"I mean you're right, but I hate my job too. Life sucks." I murmured to herself, not really wanting a response from someone.

"Quit then." Troy, Ally's boytoy, said to me.

"I don't know, I feel like If I were to my whole life purpose would be pointless. Where else am I able to attain body parts of children on such a daily basis for such a cheap price?" Troy and a couple of others who overheard laughed along with him.

There was a three knock at the door. The chatter in the room came to a halt and the door sprung
open, revealing Duffley. His sky blue eyes peeking over his glasses on his nose as usual.

Peeking over at me, of course.

"Everyone get to work. Make sure not to scare any customers, we here to make money, not look like..." Duffley trailed off, waiting for his employees to respond back immediately.

"I'm lowering everyone's pay."

As if they were under a spell, we all spoke at once.

"We are here to make money, not look like dummies."

After that horror show, everyone scurried to their sections and I didn't.

"Hey, do you need any help with anything?" I spoke up, making sure the darker skinned girl was aware of my presence. She immediately turned around and smiled.

"Hey, Lolo."