Chapter 15 (unedited)

•wait for bold note before playing song•

I froze in my movement, my heart caught in my throat.
Abbey shot up and ran towards me, "Hazel! W-what are you doing here?" She sputtered out nervously.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered, completely focused on the tombstone I didn't know existed.
"I was just.." Her voice trailed off and I knew she didn't know what to say.
"What? Don't have time to think of a lie?" I seethed, pushing her off of me.
Her eyes widened in surprise as she stumbled backwards.
"What? N-no! You just, you weren't supposed to find out like this." She mumbled the ending and I almost didn't hear her.
"Who are you?" I gritted out, all of our memories being washed away and all I saw standing in front of me was a stranger.
"Hazel-" I cut her pleading voice off by letting out a growl.
I felt Blake tense at my side and Abbey looked as like she just saw a ghost.
"Look, it really isn't bad, okay?" She said cautiously.
I stared at her, waiting for her to continue.
"You, me," She said pointing at me and then to herself,
"we're connected. Yes, I'm not who you think I am, and I am so sorry. B-but I just needed to know you."
Anxiety started to grow in my stomach as if I knew what she was going to say next but I have never been more confused than in that moment.
"We're sisters." She said, her body relaxed and a smile formed on her face.
"That's impossible." I mumbled, my eyebrows furrowing.
"Well, half sisters. My mom is a human, she's your dad's mate. He met her a couple years after you were born."
Realization struck me,
"Abbey, how old are you?" I demanded, my entire body shaking.
"I'm 14." She said nervously, looking down at her feet.
"H-he cheated?" I whispered in disbelief. Once again, my life was even more of a lie than I thought.
"When I was 3?!" I spat, tears pooling in my eyes.
"A-and he, he killed her," I whispered, shaking violently,
"when he was no better!" I shouted, tears falling out of my eyes and I wiped them away.
Abbey's smile immediately fell.
"Is Abbey even your name?" I scoffed, feeling like everyone has lied to me.
"I didn't lie about that!" She shouted, her voice breaking.
"Hazel please! Please, don't hate me." She grabbed my hands in hers but I ripped them out.
I felt arms pull me into an embrace, and I realized it was Blake.
He was trying to soothe me, and it was working.
Abbey took a step forwards and Blake let out a warning growl,
"You've done enough." He spoke sternly.
Tears started forming in her eyes and her body started to shake.
"I-I just wanted a sister." She muttered.
"Jared said you'd forgive me! H-he said if I got you away from Blake, is that why? Is he why you hate me?" Abbey stuttered out.
I pulled my face away from Blake's arm,
"Jared what?"
"You weren't supposed to come back! Why'd you take my sister from me!" Abbey yelled, not making any sense.
I tore myself away from Blake and grabbed her shoulders.
"What are you talking about?" I questioned, hoping I'd get an answer.
"Jared said Blake was the reason you were growing apart from me, and that if I sent someone to take him while he was away that I could have you back." Her body was shaking with sobs, and tears were covering her face.
"Did you?" I asked,
I didn't know this person, and,
I didn't want to.
"Yes! I did everything he said!"
"That was one of your men?" Blake seethed,
"I ripped out his throat in seconds, you should've sent someone else."

Abbey gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth.
"Jared lied to you." I seethed,
Abbey was just a kid, and she was used.
"He said he's my mate. Why would my mate lie to me?" Abbey said, dumbfounded.
I looked back at Blake, asking him with my eyes if her having a mate so young was possible.
As if he could read my mind, he nodded his head.
That's disgusting.
PLAY SONG
I stepped away from her,
"Why are you visiting my mother's grave?"
"I felt bad, and I wished that with how you described her, she was still alive. You deserve that." Abbey mumbled out.
"Hazel please forgive me."
I can't handle this anymore,
she lied about everything.
I turned away, walking past Blake, and I heard him follow.
I heard Abbey shouting behind me, but I couldn't hear what she was saying.
I couldn't let go of the fact that this whole time, she's been living with that monster. She is the one that had the good life. She had the life I wanted.
A life,
I would never have.

*
I saw headlights through the window in my room and my mom squeaked with excitement. She practically dragged us outside, and started putting all of our suitcases in the back.
"Come on girls, put your suitcases in the back and then get in the car." My mom said, anticipation clear in her voice. I thought it was weird she never checked to see the driver, but I shook it off. That was the first mistake.

*

oh myg o d
this is so terribly short jsjsjsj
I haven't had time lately to keep updating and I feel really bad so I wanted to just put an update up so you have something to read and I'm really sorry it's so short!
I really wish I had more time to make this longer and some chapters are fun, some are boring, some are emotional, its a long process. I just want to make sure this is fun for me, and not stressing me out or I start to feel like it's a job to update because I love to write so I want to keep it fun and enjoyable for me, and sometimes that means taking a little break.
Well anyhow, I will be updating in a few hours!
Thank you guys so much for reading, voting, and commenting! It really does mean so much to me! I've been getting so much support for this story and it amazes me that I could make people feel the way I do when I'm reading. I actually cried the other day because I was so happy and like jejrjrj im emotional.
Have a good morning/night!!!
(p.s. I got this deep blue matte liquid lipstick from colourpop if you enjoy makeup and know what that is lol and its aMAZING 10/10 recommend if you like colors like that its the color jellies okay bye now lol I have to sleep)
(2nd p.s. their makeup is hella cheap ok good day)
•THERE ARE PROBABLY SPELLING MISTAKES AND ERRORS SORRY ITS VERY LATE•