• Chapter 5

His lips collided with mine, our bodies fitting perfectly against eachother. His hands grabbed my waist and pulled me up, wrapping my legs around his waist in one swift motion. He had me pinned against the wall, but I never felt more comfortable. Electricity shot through my spine, sending a shudder throughout my body. My hands tangled in his hair, and-

"Hazel?" I heard a husky voice whisper.
I shot up, realizing I was sweating heavily, and I was..wet.
"Shit." I mumbled. The bed shifted and I looked to my left to see Alph- Blake, staring at me. His dirty blonde hair was messy, his eyes dark and seductive. I was always a sucker for dark eyes. I imagined I look like a mess, but I was too mesmerised by him. His arms were holding him up, and I saw the muscles and veins bulging in his arms. Sometimes that looks gross, but I have never seen such an attractive arm. Are you kidding me? Never thought I'd say this, but I got lucky with my kidnapper. Wait, how old is he?
I looked up back at his eyes, they were staring at me, as if he was examining and memorizing every freckle, every scar, every bruise. I shuddered under his gaze, shifting uncomfortably. My legs instinctively closing. "How old are you?" The words left my mouth before I could even think about what I was asking. He chuckled like a god, I swear.
"I'm 23." He spoke, no longer tired. Even though it was late at night, probably around 3 AM. "Oh no." I whispered. His perfectly arched eyebrows slightly furrowed, "What? How old are you?" His voice grew concerned. "I just had a-an inappropriate dream about a guy that's older than me! I-is that illegal?!" I sputtered out, not realizing what I just admitted until his lips turned into an innocent smile. "I-I'm 16." I spoke, my voice trailing off at the end. It was as if someone just broke into his house as he flew up in his bed, and stared at me with confusion. "I'm sorry." His entire body slumped, his face saddened and I instinctively threw my arms around him. I brought him into a hug, I felt his body tense at first, as if he was deciding whether or not he should allow this, but in the end he was comfortable. "How is my mate so young a-and innocent?" I heard him grumble into the top of my head, considering he was so much bigger than me. I pulled away, embarrassed at my sudden affection. "Sorry." I mumbled, picking at my fingers. "C-can I get my own room?" I asked, looking down. At first he looked appalled but then he realized it was best considering he got up and went to another room, slumping with a pillow in his hand. I tried to hold in my giggles but it was too funny. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. So I just layed there, for hours.
*4 hours later*
The sun came up, and the painful realization hit me. Honestly, I'm too easy going. I don't like confrontation, and I don't like hurting people's feelings. I should be thrashing around and hitting Blake, trying to escape. I accepted my situation way too quickly. I think it might be due to the fact I have nothing waiting for me. I wasn't taken away from anything, and the best decision to prevent me from getting attacked was to be compliant. What if I got on someones nerves and they attacked me? Anyone else would think I'm crazy, but I'd like to think this is a plan, and it's a pretty good one. If they trust me, they won't keep a close eye on me. I don't plan on staying here, even though everything in my body is telling me to. What would you be going home to? That question has been swirling in the back of my mind for the past 2 days. I like that Blake was concerned that he was older, maybe he isn't a bad guy?
I heard a knock on the door, and saw Blake walk in. I don't like to sleep with clothes on, but due to me being in a strangers home, I put on a big t-shirt sometime at night. But, that was all I was wearing. Blake stood at the end of the bed, staring at me. Taking in everything about me, and I think I saw pride in his eyes. I got up and he realized I had no pants on. His eyes grew dark, but he closed his eyes and they went back to their beautiful deep brown. "Do you want breakfast?" Should I eat food made by this random guy? I mentally scolded myself, thinking I was rude. My body is betraying me. Just because I have a silly school girl crush doesn't mean I have to be like this. I walked into the bathroom and he followed.
"No thanks, I'm not hungry." My stomach growled as soon as I finished my sentence. I looked down, embarrassed. He laughed and gestured for me to follow him. "Hold on." I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth and since my hair was curly I didn't really need to do anything with it. I followed him down the stairs, through a few hallways, leading into a huge kitchen. Ever since I said I was 16, he seemed a little distant. It frustrated me and I didn't know why, I wanted to yell that I'm not a little kid but, I kind of am. "I still can't believe you're so young." I heard a husky voice mumble, I looked up to see him staring at me. His eyes looked as if he was fighting himself. I heard a whistle behind me, I spun around and saw Jared leaning against the hallway staring at me
up and down. I put on some pajama shorts and changed into a tank top, I'm not sure what was so appealing. A growl boomed through the kitchen and I turned to see Blake staring murderously at him. Blake then looked at me and realized what I was wearing. I think he was going to ask me to change but he stopped himself. Thank god. I felt a hand on my hip, it felt so wrong and weird. I pushed him away, with more force than I meant. His eyes grew dark and he stalked towards me. Blake simply walked in front of him, and Jared stopped. Next thing I know, Blake looked at him and his whole body shook, as if he was lightly tasered. Jared hurriedly left the room. Blake went to put his arm around me but I moved. Immediately, he froze. I realized what I just did, and the only thing going through my head was shit. But I had a reason. "What was that?" I demanded. "He was fighting for dominance, and I put him in his place." Blake said sternly. "No, I mean, are you guys fighting over me or something?" I asked, annoyed. "Who even is he, and what is this place?"
"This is the pack house, and, Jared, he is my brother." I couldn't stop the gasp that escaped my mouth.

*******

"He's your brother?!" I shouted. "Y-you guys don't even look alike." I said, quickly realizing how ridiculous that sounded. "We're both fighting for leadership of the pack."
"Like, an Alpha? In a werewolf book?" He looked at me and a grin took over his face. "Exactly. They're pretty accurate except for a few key things. Instead of the oldest being the next Alpha, the brothers have to fight. Whoever wins, is the new Alpha. The oldest brother finds the Luna first, his mate. And, whoever wins, gets the Luna. Even though you aren't his mate, the second brother is bound to have a human mate, and a human is unfit to lead the pack because she can't carry pups as they are genetically different." My mind was flooding with information, and my head started spinning. I knew some of what he was talking about but, I didn't know all these details. I knew werewolves were real but, this is too much.
"And I'm that Luna?" I whispered, my voice was strong, but I was scared.
"Y-you're older, right?" He laughed, and nodded his head yes. "I don't know how you don't know any of this."
Everything started clicking together, and I realized what he said. A human can't be the Luna.
"I-I'm one of them." I whispered, my whole world coming down. "I'm just like my father." I spoke, seething through my teeth. Blake was obviously confused, but I was too furious to understand. "The second child is the Luna, yes?" He nodded his head slowly. "Where is the Riverstone pack?" "It's about 60 miles from here."
"The leader of the pack is Alpha Charles. Correct?" "Yes, how do you know this?"
"Because I'm his daughter."