Chapter 9 (unedited)

*DONT PLAY SONG UNTIL YOU SEE ONE OF THESE IN BOLD*

When I got back in the pack house, I decided to take a shower and put on actual clothes.
I got back in the room, and Abbey was sitting on the edge with her bag.
I slowly approached her, fearing her words.
"A-Abbey?" I asked, shifting foot to foot.
"Hazel." She looked up at me sadly.
"I have to go home."
"W-what! Why?" I started to panic, I'm going to be here alone!
"I have exams! I have to pass high school, Hazel! My parents want me to go to Harvard."
Oh, high school.
"Will you come back soon?" I muttered, not wanting to fight with the only person who understood me.
"Of course! My parents don't even know I'm gone." She said cheerily, jumping up to embrace me in a hug.
I felt her wrap her arms wrap around me but I just stood there.
Anxiety engulfing me thinking about being alone with Blake.
I don't trust myself.
My mom chose her heart and,
look what happened to her.

"I already talked to that guy, Alpha? before he went outside. He said he'll have some people take me home?" I nodded my head.
I don't trust these people.
"I'll go with!"
Abbey looked at me at me as if I grew two heads.
"Hazel, that'll make this harder." She said with a frown on her face.
I was about to say something but she walked past me and left.
A few minutes went by and I hadn't moved.
A feeling of emptiness and loneliness attacked me.
I realized she must be leaving right now so I quickly ran to the window in the hallway.
I saw her getting into a car, but before she closed the door, she turned to look up.
I don't know if she saw me, and I think she wanted me to go home with her.
But I couldn't leave.
Even if I wanted to.

She shyly waved at the window, before I could wave she got in the car and they drove away.
"Goodbye, friend." I whispered.
No one ever leaves,
and comes back.
I knew she was leaving for good, but maybe, just maybe, she would surprise me.
And that's what kept me going.
I am completely, and utterly, alone.
I always have been, and, I'm nervous to think I always will be.

*

A few hours had gone by, I found a book and started reading it.
I went to turn the page, and realization struck me.
I finished it.
I groaned in boredom.
"Why do good things always end?"
I didn't know what to do, so I got up and went to Blake's room.
I opened the door, and he wasn't there.
I noticed the shower was on.
"He's taking a shower." I whispered, embarrassed.
I decided to lay on his bed and go through a family album I found underneath his bed.
I'm just a little nosy.
I was looking at every picture, and it seemed like Blake and Jared used to be really close. Around 16 they started to distance, from what I could tell.
They were no longer smiling in pictures, and that's when I realized.
The woman in the other photos was no longer in them.
I assumed she was their mother.
"Did she die?" Immediately, my heart broke for him. I know what that's like.
But I lost her before that. He spent more time with her, and got to know her better. I can't imagine losing my mom at that age.
I lost her when I was 10. My sister was 12.
"Hazel?" I jumped, flinging the book I was holding at the other side of the room. A loud gasp erupting from my throat. In all the chaos, I threw myself off the bed.
With a loud 'ow!' I hit the wall.
I quickly got up, a blush rushing to my cheeks.
"You were doing something you shouldn't have been weren't you?" He asked, puzzled my over the top reaction.
"That and you scared the bee jesus out of me!" His husky chuckle filled the room and I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the sound.
*PLAY SONG* (if you want lol)
I finally noticed his attire.
A towel.
How elegant.
My eyes roamed his body, every little scar, every muscle, every vein.
His pecs were perfectly sculpted, as well as his 8 pack.
Usually, that'd be too much, but on him it was absolutely perfect. My body ached to touch him, to feel his arms wrap around me.
His arms were holding up a towel on his shoulder and with every little movement I could see his muscles bulge. His messy dark blonde hair was messy and wet, his deep eyes staring at me as if he could see my soul.
I heard a low growl and a shiver of pleasure went down my spine.
When I met his eyes, they were black.
"Stop that." He growled, my body shifted and I felt my legs close instinctively.
He saw the sudden movement and if possible his eyes grew darker.
"Stop Hazel." The way he said my name sent fire through my body.
My body longed for him.
This is wrong.
I tried to reason with myself.
A whimper escaped my mouth and that was when he lost it.
He pushed me against the wall and a gasp slipped through my lips.
He stared into my eyes, and then he brought his face down to my neck.
His lips brushed my skin and a shudder went through my body. My heart was pounding, as if it was trying to escape its cage of bones.
His lips met the crook of my neck, where my neck and shoulder connected.
Electricity shot through my body violently and I strangely wanted him to sink his teeth into me.
Realization hit me,
I wanted him to mark me.
I instinctively opened my neck, giving him more room.
His lips were so close to my skin, I was filled with anticipation.

"Alpha?" Someone spoke behind the door.
Blake growled and slowly pulled away.
I realized he had me a little off my feet, and I slid down the wall slightly.
What was I thinking?!
I quickly darted out of the room, internally groaning remembering the feelings that consumed me only moments ago.
I was losing myself to a stranger that kidnapped me.
I slammed the door and slid down the back of it. Dropping my head in my hands.
I need to stay away from him.
But, how?

I decided even if I couldn't sleep, I will stay in here.
And I won't leave this room.

*6 hours later*

I was tossing and turning around in my bed. "Why can't I sleep?" I groaned, aloud.
I started to get up to go to Blakes room, but then I remembered my plan.
"Ugh!" I whisper yelled.
I was intensely sweating, so I decided to go outside.
I walked out of the room, opening and closing the door quietly.
I tiptoed through the hallway, being met with stairs. Once I got to the last step, I realized there were more.
"Why?" I said, annoyed.
I slowly walked down the next pair of stairs, and was met with a giant room, and a front door a few feet in front of me.

I started approaching the door when I heard a cough.
Immediately I was in panic mode and turned to look at the unknown person.
"Hey Blake." I said nervously.
"What were you doing?" He started walking towards me and I noticed his hair was a mess, like he ran his hand through it a million times. He was just wearing boxers, and I remembered earlier.
My cheeks turned red and I backed up a little.
"I was just going to get some fresh air. Can't sleep?" I asked, trying to calm down my erratic heartbeat.
"No." He muttered, his voice low.
"Me neither." I whispered.
This was so, terribly awkward.
"Well, I'm going to head outside. I'll be back in a little." I scurried out before he could protest.
I was hoping as soon as I reached the cold hair, that it would cool my burning skin. But, I was still in flames from earlier.
What's happening?
I know my life was awful, but am I really so messed up, as to want my kidnapper?

I sat down on the steps, staring up at the stars and the moon.
When I was little, I would pretend the biggest and brightest star was my mother. I would make wishes and tell her about my day.
It felt kind of childish, but all I wanted right now was the advice my mother would no doubt be giving me.
"Mom?" I spoke out openly to the night sky.
"I really need your help. I don't know what to do." My eyes became a little watery, but I quickly wiped it away and composed myself.
"Mom? Why aren't you here?" I gritted out, my voice breaking.
"You should be here. I need you." Tears started flowing out of my eyes and I didn't try to stop them anymore.
"My birthday is coming up soon. But you know that don't you?" I laughed out, but pain was clear in my voice.
"Once again, I'll be alone. And, I was wondering if you, if you could just give me a sign? That you're there. And, well, I'm starting to have feelings for someone. I know what you'd say, and that's why I'm trying to accept it. He's my mate, and you'd tell me I should love him and cherish him. Something," My voice started breaking,
"Something you never got the chance to do." The tears were violently pouring out of my eyes now.
"I hope you're together, somewhere. With the moon goddess you used to sing me lullabies about." I smiled, hoping with all my heart she was happy, wherever she was.
"You once said to me, that if you're not there when I need you, to look out for  a full moon. If there was a full moon, it meant you were there with me." I sniffled and wiped away my tears.
"So, on my birthday this year mom, could you please be there? I can't handle anymore birthdays alone." My eyes were throbbing from how much I was crying.
I wiped them away, and before I got up to go back to my room I said one last thing.
"I love you mom. I hope I'm who you wanted me to be."