Chapter 3 ~ Break me Down

Chapter 3     

    ''What are you doing here? Crying over clothes and sword, piece of filthy metal?''

     Annoying voice interrupted silence. Christian, being an arrogant jerk like always stood on the doorway, amused. I stood up and slowly walked to him, clutching sword and a shred of dress tightly to my chest like my life depended on it. Looking him in the eyes, I spoke coldly.

     ''At least I have some emotions, heart that isn't made of stone. But you, obviously, don't know what emotion means plus your heart is not only made of stone but made by evil.''

     He seemed furious with my words and grabbed me roughly.

     ''YOU don't know me, servant. Now, you'll be punished! To begin, go to my chamber, clean it well, wash all my clothes and the dishes in the kitchen, chop the wood outside and light the fire, make dinner and then come to me. Like I said, these tasks are only the beginning and they couldn't be easier. I'll consider for more severe punishment.''

     ''And please say why would I do that! I am the Queen and I do not care why my father put you here, all that matters is that you can't rule, you're too immature. Just look at yourself and your behaviour! Who would want a King like you, who doesn't care about nothing but himself?''

     His face turned red, he was furious I spoke to him like that. Honestly, I did not worry at all, he needed to be taught of his place. Comparing to me, he was a little kid who was trying to play with serious things. Part of me knew he could might be good for a King, but not yet. He still wasn't mature enough, sure of what he wants and how. It was something I didn't know at his age, that's why I became the Queen few years ago, not thirteen years ago like I should have.

     ''You don't even know me and yet you're judging me. Why don't you call that immature?''

     ''Enough. I will not tolerate this anymore. Do as you're pleased, but do not order me around. The conversation is over.''

     I left, slamming the door at his face and silently laughing imagining his expression. I went straight to the servant's room where I slept few hours ago. To my surprise, Gabriel was there and enveloped me in a big hug when he saw me. He probably saw my dried tears and looked at me softly.

     ''Tell me what did he do and I swear to you, he may be King but I'll kill him.''

     I was surprised by his words. He didn't know me and yet threatened to Christian for hurting me. It was odd but in the same time comforting and I felt protected like I did with Dorian.

     ''He didn't make me cry, I just remembered my family and friends, it brought tears to my eyes. But now I'll have to do some tasks he gave me as a punishment for being in his room.''

     Gabriel remained calm but I could see anger in his eyes, his body tensed and he tried to hide it but failed.

    ''Only this time do it, it's probably nothing major. But the next time say it to me like you did now, I'll change his opinion soon, he will not treat you like this.''

    While he was talking, I saw something flashing in his eyes, something like...love? It couldn't be. Gabriel wasn't in love with me, I don't deserve him. I smiled at his concern and protectiveness, making him relax.

    ''I will. Now, I must go or there will be some consequences.''

     I turned to go but he grabbed my elbow, taking my attention. ''Wait.'' I returned, confused. He didn't say anything.

     ''Wha-''

     Gabriel pressed his soft lips on mine slowly, asking for an entrance.I forgot everything else and enjoyed in our moment. After all, he made me think love really exists.