Diplomatic

He reached Marshall's dorm, he knocked twice, but thought since he was sick, he's probably curled up on the bed.

He thought of letting himself in, he grabbed the door knob, buy someone twisted it from the other side.

It slightly opened hoping to see Marshall, but instead it was a woman with dark-night hair and brown eyes.

"Oh!" She squealed. "You must be one of Marshall's friends." She reaches out one hand."I'm her mother."

Gumball grabs her hand shaking it lightly and smiled. "My name's Gumball Ward, Nice too meet you Mrs. Abadeer it's an honor."

She opens the door wide enough for him to enter.

"Not meaning to ask Gumball dear, but isn't the Graduation still going on at this hour?" She asks walking to the kitchen.

"Quiet so, Ma'am." He answ removing his toga folding it neatly and placed it on a table putting his mortaorboard board over it. "But, I excused myself so I could see him."

Mrs. Abadeer looked over at Gumball watching him as he sat at the couch. "Dear, you didn't have too. I heard from Marshall that you were the Magnacumlaude, why come here when you can get yourself worked up at the stage?"

Gumball's eyes widened when his eyes when he realizes that Marshall talks about him to his Mom. "No really, Ma'am. It's not important. "

"Well okay the, if you need anything, you can ask me." She adds. "By the way if you came here to see Marshall his over there in his room, don't wake him though, he gets cranky when he just gets up from his sleep." She chuckled.

Gumball thanked her as he enters Marshall's room. He saw him curled up in his bed with a very thick sheet over him.

Gumball grabbed a stool and placed it beside the bed, sitting down. He watched hoe peaceful he looked. His mouth was slightly open, Gumball took a second to look at it. His face came closer enough when he finally felt air Marshall was breathing with.

Gumball's eyes started to close he moved more closer not until the door opened.

"Gumball dear." Mrs. Abadeer walked in.

"Gah!" Gumball jolted in surprise. "Y-yeah?" He answers when a small blush formed over his nose.

"Could you help me with something?" She asks smiling sheepishly.

"O-of course. " he stands up following her. Before he closed the door he took one more look at Marshall.

That was odd. He thought to himself.

He went to the kitchen, seeing Marshall's Mom under a shelf. "Honey, could you reach that for me?" She pointed at the box of milk on the shelf.

Gumball reached in, he then remembers the time when Marshall lifted him to get the Milk, and the one he was reaching for was the very same box.

He took it, handing it over to her.

"Thank you, dear." She says pouring the milk in a cup. "Marshall doesn't like it when the coffee's too bitter."

Gumball chuckles. "You're welcome though."

"Do you cook with your mother too?" She asks stirring the coffee as she moved to the soup she was cooking.

"I don't.. have a mother." He answers blankly.

"Oh, Gumball. I'm sorry. " She stares at him a little embarrassed of what she said.

"Don't be, Mrs Abadeer." He laughs leaning on the table. "I bet Marshall's lucky to have a cool Mom like you."

She laughs from his genuine compliment. "Cool? Don't be silly, dear. I haven't been called like that since grade school."

Gumball laughs with her, but he was being honest. Even though he has never been with a Mom before he could tell that she was great.

Marshall stepped into the kitchen. "Mom! Can I-" he stops seeing Gumball laughing with his mother.

Her mother notices him."Oh! Baby, you're awake."

"What is Bubbs doing here?" He points at him.

"He came to visit you, you never told me he was such a nice gentleman. " She answers.

Gumball sheepishly waved. "So are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks." He says sitting on the dinner table. "You're not supposed to be here y'know?"

Gumball sits with him. "Yeah, but I thought you were alone, not until I met your Mom." He whispers pointing at his Mom.

Marshall chuckled. "Yeah." He shyly brushed his hair.

Mrs. Abadeer, walked over the table placing the coffee and soup infront of Marshall. "There you go, honey. Just the way you like it." She says rubbing his hair giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Mom?!" His face flushed red.

Gumball chuckled, seeing how sweet it must be to have a Mom who would take care of you always.

Marshall's Mom giggled as she took her bag heading out. "Well, I'll be going now, baby cakes. Call me again if you need anything." She closes the door.

Gumball let out a laugh seeing how embarrassed Marshall was. His face was as red as tomato.

"Stop it, Bubbs!" He yells sipping from his coffee.

"Gosh, you're lucky to have some one to be there with you."