Write My Name

Gumball had a little struggle with the few tests for the finals, he wasn't able to study the night before.

He just hoped for the best for now, this was the last test of the day and some petty old distraction can't ruin it this time.

Not long the class bell rang and the students started walking out the classrooms. Gumball placed his notes in his bag as he slinged it over his shoulder.

On cue Phoe was waving from his class door, Gumball smiled walking closer.

"So how did you do?" Phoe asked as both of them walked through the hall.

"Bad" Gumball sighed.

"Bad? Peebs, since when did you got a bad in tests?" Phoe never heard Gumball say that before and therefore it felt awkward.

Gumball opened his locker, as he took a few of his notebooks.

"Something is probably going through your head, today."

"Maybe, yo-" Gumball was interrupted with a few girls passing by whispering while looking at him.

Phoe noticed too, and was just as confuse as Peebs. "What the hell is happening?"

Before Gumball could start to think of a pile of conclusions, more people were looking at him. All were coming from one class, it was getting disturbing.

Phoe looked at the door of the class all the people were from. Marshall walked out of the door, he was the last one to come out.

"Hey Peebs, look!" Phoe pulled Gumball's arms.

Gumball mezmerised at Marshall who was currently looking like a complete loner that he wasn't really. His hood was lowered over his head that no one could see his eyes.

Marshall probably didn't even see the people around him all he was just looking at the ground anr piece of paper he was holding. He was walking straight forward, just passing Gumball as more pairs of eyes were stretching looks.

Gumball held Marshall's shoulder as he looked at him and it was definitely  last person Marshall wanted to see.

"Hey what's going on?" Gumball asked.

"I-uh...um?" Marshall didn't want to talk about it and it made it obvious it was embarrassing.

"Marshall wrote you're name in one of the essay parts of the test." Lsp jumped in.

"What?" Gumball reacted

"Hey! Lsp!" Marshall yelled.

"What?! Just being honest." Lsp said. "He even had to read it in front of the class."

"LSP!"

"What?" Gumball was feeling weird about it. He looked at Marshall with his face dug on his hands.

"Yeah." Lennard grabbed the paper from Marshall."Here read it."

Gumball doubted, he wanted to read it but, Marsall would probably feel like a wad right now. He looked at Marshall before he took the paper.

"Nah, I don't need to read it." Gumball pushed away Lsp's hand. "It probably doesn't have anything important in it."

Marshall looked at Gumball, smiling. He never felt so thankful for a person this much before.

"Right Marshall?" Gumball winked at him.

Marshall nodded faintly and covered his face because he knew he was turning red.

...

It was night and Marshall was by the couch watching a show that wasn't even important nor interesting.  He turned it off as he laid back. He noticed the essay paper beside him alongside with his bag.

Coincidentally he saw Gumball walking pass their door with a basket of cleaned laundry.

"Bubbs!" He called as he went to the door.

"Oh hi, Marshall!" He replied.

"Do you need help with carrying that?" He offered.

"No, it's okay." He smiled "Did you want to say something to me?"

Marshall looked straight in his eyes as he forced his head to shook "No."

"Okay then, I'll see you later." He continued to walk.

"Bubbs, sorry about the mishap. You know at class and the essay." He said embarrassed.

Gumball turned and smiled. "Oh it's fine, really."

Marshall took something bout of his pocket. "Here." He handed the paper from his essay. "I think you deserve to read it."

"Marsh, really I can live with out reading one essa-"

"JUST! J-just take it."

Gumball dropped the basket slowly taking the paper. He slowly unfolded it and started reading.

Yada yada... world crisis yada- It was really embarrassing to tell him I'm sorry, and no one has even received an apology from me before. But the way Gumball being mad at me it was something I could live with. I'm glad we could be friends right now. I'm glad to be Gumball's...

"Uh, Gumball's?" He questioned the last sentence.

"I'm glad to be Gumball's friend." Marshall smiled sheepishly.

"Woah, uh." Gumball handed back the paper.

"Stupid isn't it?" He laughed.

"No! You could be great poet y'know." Gumball joked. "Your teacher should've  appreciated it."