Chapter 6

I watched him turn and walk away horrified. At the corner of my eye I saw Chance walk back downstairs. I growled lowly that could be barely heard as it came from the back of my throat and stayed there.

*&*&*&*&*

I sat in the room all day. No one came by to talk to me than the occasional servant telling me it is time for lunch and dinner. I rested my head on my pillow and stared out the window as the moon rose and the sun went down. I hid half my face under my blanket as I continued to watch the window as if someone would just appear there and rip my throat out. I let the odd shiver run down my back that I have been holding in. I closed my eyes slowly trying to fall asleep. After a few hours just laying there I slowly fell asleep.

I ran through the woods in a fast pace. The wind nipping at my fur. The branches reaching out to grab me. I felt exhilarated and... happy. I looked over next to me and saw a slightly larger wolf than me. He had brown fur with light golden highlights that were only noticeable in the sunlight. The wolf looked over at me and gave me a grin. Well it looked like a grin but it was from a wolf. 

I came to a halt and I was in quicksand. I tried moving but I was in too deep. The wolf that was running next to me just sat there and watched. The sand turned into two arms. I closed my eyes and once I opened them again, I was pinned down by my 'mate'. He grinned mischievously. I began to panic and looked over at the other wolf for help only to his tail slowly disappear into the trees.

I shot right up. My breath was lodged in my throat and my heart skipped a beat. What does that even mean? Was that Chance?

I ran my fingers through my hair and looked around. 

I closed my eyes briefly before I slipped my feet off the bed and onto the floor. I stood up and made the bed. I am surprised the Alpha haven't came to yell at me yet. He scares me a lot already. I need to get out of her before he does anything like he did again. 

I dressed up in a black and white black top, a black and white coverup, Dark blue skinny jeans, and brown boots.

(A/N see below for details)

I brushed my teeth and slicked my hair back into a ponytail

I brushed my teeth and slicked my hair back into a ponytail. I left my side bangs out of the ponytail and let it hang in front of my face. I walked out of the room and down the hall. I brushed past Chance, ignoring him. I shivered slightly when his arm touched mine. I didn't look at him though and continued on my way. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Alpha Jax was yelling at one of the servants. I winced every sentence he yelled. 

I wasn't to being hit, so when I was I didn't know how to react around him anymore. I sat down and one of the maids made me some breakfast. She asked what I would like and I said Chef's choice. Alpha Jax stormed past me and into his office, slamming the door. I am surprised it didn't break off it's hinge. I talked to the women that was cooking my food as I waited.

"Is he always like this?" I asked referring to Alpha Jax.

The women nodded. "Yes, he is quite hot headed. If I am speaking out of my place please stop me at anytime, I personally feel bad for you." She spoke quietly, so only I can hear. "You are forced to be with him when you have a real mate to find."

"I never found my mate, so I nothing to feel grief about. I am doing it for the safety of my pack, so I will put with him." I spoke quietly back. I leaned over the counter slightly, watched her make the food. 

She was making bacon and sunny side up eggs. I smile softly at her once she placed the food in front of me.

"Bon appetite." She cleaned up the mess she made before going back to work around the kitchen.

I started eating my food, slowly. This is delicious. I tried hiding the fact I was enjoying it so much but it was difficult. She looked over at me and chuckled. "Glad you like it so much."

"Thank you." I smiled brightly over at her once I swallowed my food.

Alpha Jax came strutting angrily into the kitchen, once again, and glared over at me. "Where were you yesterday? Did you not want to listen to me?" He growled out. I tried my best not to wince. That would only make him angrier.

"I was in my room."

"All day?"

"Yes." I looked up at him. Just me looking him in the eye made him angrier than he already was. He got ready to swing at me. I closed my eyes and braced myself. I didn't feel the impact. I made a slight surprised whimper. I opened my eye to see someone had grabbed his arm before he hit me again.