Chapter 3

"Sure?" I tilted my head and followed him to his office. He had that sad face look again. I scowled slightly and looked up at him, after I took a seat setting across from his chair. He sat down and ran his fingers through his hair.

I thought I did something wrong but I guess not. Unless I'm interpreting his facial expression wrong.
"Why did you bring me in here, father?" I heard someone else walk in. It was Apollo followed by my mother, Tracey. They both looked sad as well. But Apollo looked guilty a little bit.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before." I narrowed my eyes.

"Tell me what?"

"We had to do a treaty with the neighboring pack -as you already know- but part of the deal was to give up you to the Alpha if he ever lost his mate." He was looking at his hands. He couldn't even look me in the eye and tell me!
I looked down then got up and walked out the door. I really wanted to cry. My heart was breaking. I can't believe they didn't tell me this.

I heard footsteps behind me, so I bolted out of the pack house and into the woods. I didn't hear their footsteps anymore, so I slowed down to strip off my clothes. I placed my clothes in the tree, except my under garments, and shifts into my wolf. I had to get one all you and feel my body once again creak, shift mice all over. My bones, my organs, my whole body needed to shift with me. Once the transformation was complete I took a quick breath and started running. I growled and snarled my way towards the ocean.

I slowed down to a trot once I felt the soft, wet sand beneath my paws. I enjoyed the ocean my wolf, Athena did too. But, she usually let me keep in control because I was the one who was more truthful to my emotions. But if it is dangerous she usually takes over my body. I walked to the waters edge and stared at my reflection. I loved my green-blue eyes and white fur. I had two black 'socks'. One on my left front paw and one on my back right paw. Most wolves fur looks like their hair color and their eye color stays the same. But they do change depending their mood. But, since I am complete opposites in both forms it is a heritage thing. It only runs in the Alpha's blood line and only in my pack, The Evermore Pack. I didn't notice my breath standing next to me in his wolf form. We were identical except the two 'socks' were on his front right paw and his back left paw and he was actually a bit smaller than me by a few centimeters.

I growled and shifted. I was on all fours in my bra and underwear. He did the same thing but ended up in his boxers.

"Why did you run out like that?" I sighed. He didn't understand. The feeling of bring broken up into a million tiny pieces by your own family, your own pack. The feeling you get when you have been betrayed, lied to. He won't understand that you have been told your whole life that you are going to be Luna of your pack to find out that you were going to be Luna of a different pack.

"Why the fuck would you ask me that? You know why... You wouldn't have done this too? If it happened to you? Besides, you don't understand." I got up and ran off the beach and into the woods.

I heard him shift behind me. But I kept running. Shifting slows him down but once he is in wolf form, he is really fast. I ran as fast as I could heading towards my clothes. I finally reached it and swiftly but them one. I was instantly pinned against a tree. I growled and saw it was my brother. He was in human form and dressed! I growled again. He was the fastest wolves in the pack and I hated it. I hated that he was better at somethings then me. I hated that some of my 'friends' were only friends with me because of my brother.

"Listen to me and hear me out." I slumped my shoulders in slight defeat. I didn't want to fight my brother for real. "If you do this.You won't be doing it for you or me or the family. You will be doing it for the pack. A true Luna will do this for them, for their protection." He did not just pull the Luna card on me. I am not going to be Luna so why should I do this. But, I was brought up to do things for the pack and not ones self. I growled and pushed him off.

"Fine, let's go. Just remember this won't change anything of what I think of you, or the family, at the moment." He smiled, then frowned understanding what I meant. I hated them for this and probably forever will. They should have never put me-or anyone- in this situation. I was getting really annoyed with walking through the woods we reached our home instead of the pack house. I breathed in the air. It smelled like fetid skunk and the scent of the other wolves that have been over recently.

Me and him walked into our home and up the two flights of stairs heading back to our father's office. I slumped my head in defeat. I didn't want to go through with this but I forced myself to. To do it for the pack. Once we walked in, there was two other men there besides my mother and father. I growled and narrowed my eyes. I walked over to the other side of the room watching the wolves carefully. 

"Is this her?" One of the men said. He had a stronger...authority then the other one. He was an Alpha. His authority was to strong for him to be anything else.

"Yes. It is." My father looked over at me and I looked to the ground staring at me feet.

--------------------------------------

Author's Notes

Sorry It's boring. I just wanted to get this part over with. I couldn't think of any other way for her to oblige to the treaty but this way.