Chapter 5: Carried Away

_______________________________________________

"He did WHAT?!"

I just told Drew what happened at Marcel's house. She's not taking the news very well as you can see.

"I just told you. He threw me off the couch and onto the floor."

It was actually sad that he threw me off the couch because I was trying to figure him out. It hurt my feelings, to be honest.

"Oh hell no. We're going to that fuckers house now!"

"No Drew, it's ok." She looked at me like I was singing Lolly painted green and naked.

"It's not ok Raven. That's practically woman abuse and if a man ever tries to hurt you," she actually looked scary as she stared off into particularly nothing. "I will personally skin them myself."

What's up with all this talk about skinning somebody?

"I'll just try and talk to him at school tomorrow. Can we just please have a lazy day?" I gave her my best puppy look. My side was throbbing and I didn't feel like breaking up a fight today.

After a couple of reluctant looks, she agreed.

We watched a marathon of spongebob because spongebob rules.

I had my head on her lap and she was holding ice on my side.

"Raven, can I ask you a question?"

"Can I ask you a serious question Marcel? I want you to be honest with me."

"Sure." I mumbled and tilted my head to look at her face. She looked serious but seemed like she was scared of my answer to her question.

"Do you.... Like Marcel?"

I should have seen that coming.

But I didn't so I almost choked on my spit.

"What? No I don't like him."

She didn't seem to believe me.

"Breaking News!"

The tv cut off spongebob and there was a lady in front of some forest with a lot of commotion in the background. She was trying to yell over the noise in the back.

"We have just found 6 dead bodies of females in the Woodstock Forest with the bodies leaving no sort of evidence of how they were put here or who did it. They all have the same star marking on their stomach which seems carved there by a knife. These are very young ladies around the age of 16 to 18. It's very horrendous to look at and it's a shame that this happened." She looked saddened by these bodies and the thought of it made me want to puke.

"That's disturbing. Why would they say this on a kid's network? They're probably going to be scared."

Drew is a child lover, also. She loves babies, toddlers, infants. Just any age until 11. She says they get cocky at that age.

"Yeah. Can I spend the night?" I already knew the answer but I just wanted to change the subject before she went on a rant about children.

"Yeah. Only because I'm scared now."

I let out a laugh and hugged her tightly.

"Poor Drewie. Take me to your bed baby!"

Of course she doesn't take me there.

She pushes me off.

And you would think she would have more sympathy for me.

"Have you seen Marcel?" I asked this blonde girl and her friend. They looked borderline stupid.