talk

Chapter Four

Kim Jinhwan

9:34 pm; Saturday

I looked in the mirror and tilted my head. Does this look good?

"Ugh! This is why I should've asked Hanbin to be my roommate." I sighed and spun around. "This will be good enough. I mean its just a lunch date.

I heard my phone ringing and looked at the contact name. It was Hanbin so I immediately answered.

Hey, I just sent you the time and place of the movie.

I looked at my messages and I saw the location.

Yeah, I just read it.

Cool, are you ready to go yet because I'm driving there now?

Yeah, I just have to get into my car. I'll be there in a little bit.

Okay, bye.

Bye.

I went into my car and drove off to the address. The drive took 5 minutes so I just listened to music like usual so I won't feel lonely.

I parked my car then walked up to the entrance. "Where are they?" I look around but they're nowhere to be found.

I suddenly feel a hand go on the back of my neck and jumped in shock, but when I saw Junhoe I calmed down. "Are you ready for the double date?" I turned around and saw Bobby and Hanbin waving. Oh right, I forgot this was a double date.

I nodded and smiled at him. He smiled back at me. "Let's go."

×××

We went to see Deadpool. During the whole movie, Hanbin and Bobby are all over each other.

Meanwhile, Junhoe and I are a seat apart. We are sharing popcorn though so our hands touch occasionally "Hey." Junhoe moved the popcorn and sat next to me. "Since we're on a date it's better if we're closed right?" I nodded and slowly reached for his hand. "Can I kiss you?" Junhoe said and I froze.

The lights in the theatre went up and he leaned in. "Hey, Hanbin and I are going to a bar. You can meet us there later if you want." Junhoe nodded at him and they walked away.

We looked at each other then looked away. "So... I'm in the mood for some ice cream," I said awkwardly while smiling at him. "At the liquor store. I nodded.

×××

11:56pm; Saturday

I scanned the freezer for ice cream. "Which one should I choose?" Just then Junhoe pressed himself against my back and pulled out a Klondike bar. "These are good." He whispered softly. "O-okay. I'll get that then." He grabbed a second one then backed away. Oh, he's good.

He paid for the ice cream and we walked out. We sat on a bench. I scooted closer to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. He faked a yawn and put his arm around my shoulder. We both looked at each other at the same time; I giggled, he blushed.

I finished my ice cream first, so I got up from our position to throw it away. It was silent after the ice cream, and also awkward. His hand crawled over to mine and held it. He stood up, basically forcing me to follow him. "Where are we going?" I asked. He turned around to look at me.

"You want to get to know me right?" I nodded and he smiled. We went into my car and he drove us to the front of a nice house.

 We went into my car and he drove us to the front of a nice house

"This is my place." I looked at him. "Really? You can afford this?" He smiled. "Well, it's one of my dad's places. I do want to get my own place one day though. I want to be a famous writer. But I'm studying to be an accountant. That's the only reason my dad lets me stay here. He says writing won't get me anywhere."

His expression is really sad. "I believe in you." He looked at me, but not like before. It's like this time he's looking into my soul. And he has beautiful eyes. "I like you a lot, Jinhwan." I smiled at him. "I like you too. But we should just take it slow for now and get to know each other better." He looked surprised. "Yeah, that's fine. I can do slow." I can tell he's not used to people telling him that.

"We should go to that bar. I need to check on Hanbin." Junhoe nodded and started the car.

×××

When we walked in the bar was lively. There was a crowd surrounding a small stage. "Isn't that Bobby and Hanbin?" They were screaming the words to Exo Overdose.

My mouth flew wide open and Junhoe smiled at me. "Jinhwan." I looked at him with my mouth still wide open. "You're really cute." I closed my mouth then he ruffled my hair. I looked up at him and he looked like he was about to lean in. I blinked a couple of times before I realized what he was doing.

I pushed him away and he looked shocked. He scratched the back of his neck and looked away. "I'm sorry. I know you want to go slow. I just really wanted to kiss you."

I shook my head. "It's fine. I just think it would mean more if we kissed when we knew more about each other." He nodded and sighed.

Koo Junhoe

"He tells me he likes me, but won't let me kiss him because he wants to wait." Yunhyeong looked at me then looked back at his phone. "Okay?" I let out a hearty sigh. "He said, We should just take it slow for now we will just talk and get to know each other." Yunhyeong started laughing and I glared at him.

"So, he wants to take it slow? It probably means he doesn't trust you enough yet." He doesn't trust me? "Wow, Song you might actually be right."

I need to earn Jinhwan's trust.

××××××SPECIAL×BONUS×STORY××××××

Trust Fall

I ran into the café and sat in a stool in front of Jinhwan. "Do you trust me?" He looked surprised at first, then shrugged. "I mean, I'm learning to trust you. We're getting to know each other right?" I looked down. "Yeah, but I want you to trust me 100%." Jinhwan smiled. "What about a trust fall?"

My eyes lit up in excitement. "Yes! That's perfect. Fall into my arms and feel my protective embrace." He laughed at me as I held my arms open. "I was just teasing. That's a very bad idea."

"Fine if you won't fall into my arms then I'll fall into yours. Because I trust you 100%." He blushed then threw a napkin at my face. "No, but good try." I pouted then walked to the door. "Junhoe, thanks for trusting me though, that means a lot." I smiled. at him.

I guess you can say mission accomplished.