Twenty Two

*****

Nothing is perfect, but your imperfections are quaint, and your love is worth it, and for that I will wait. And though you hate me, when you have a turn, I drive you crazy, but you always return. If I fall short, if I break rank, it's a bloodsport, I am all yours, I am unmanned."- Bloodsport '15, by Raleigh Ritchie

*****

Rose

Me and the guys walked into the restaurant. We told the server that we needed a table for twelve people.

The server of course looked at us like we were crazy to bring that many people to this tiny restaurant, but also a little happy because he would be getting a pretty decent tip. He and a few other waiters had to combine three tables to make room for us.

Shortly after they did that the bell on the door jingled and Reagan, AnnaCate and Cal came in. I was seated beside Hunter, who was at one end of the table, and in front of me was David, and Carter took a seat beside me.

Anna took the seat by David, and Cal sat next to her, and Reagan sat by Carter, I looked over and saw Hunter's smile fall a little.

"Psst, do you want me to switch with Carter, or see if he'll switch with you?" I whispered to him.

Hunter just shook his head softly, and gave me a small smile. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. He was still waiting on Reagan to see that he cared for her. I wondered if he would ever tell her, or if he'd keep on waiting.

While I was thinking, Nate arrived with Sarah, and to my surprise Matt was with them too. They all took their seats. Sarah by Reagan, Nate next to her, and Matt beside him.

"Since the training session today was a little more like a Bachelorette rerun, I thought I'd bring Matt along as a payback." Nate announced to the table.

Soon the next jingle came, and in came Jas and James. Jas sent me a swift smile, before her eyes caught sight of Matt. As soon as she saw him her smile at me turned into a devilish grin towards him. James just rolled his eyes. He scanned the table, and took a seat across from Sarah. Jas took the seat across from Matt, which left one right beside James for-

"Sorry I'm late." Blake strolled in.

Now it was Blake's turn to scan the table. I expected him to request yet another change of arrangements when he saw that he was going to be inbetween James and Jasmine, but he just took the seat.

I decided that I was going to avoid Blake and James altogether, because I knew that if I didn't, I'd probably do something irrational. So I just started a conversation with Carter.

"So Carter what are you doing for spring break?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "I'll probably just be staying here."

"What about you?" I said looking at David.

"Same, but I might go to Seattle for a day trip or something." He said.

"Hunter-pie?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"I'll probably be staying here too. What about you?" He asked me.

"My grandparents are offering me the beach house this year for spring break." Blake's voice cut in. "They said I could bring all of you, and Rose and I were going to ask tonight." I frowned a little, because I didn't recall that, but whatever.

"Where is it?" Cal leaned forward to look at Blake.

"Cannon Beach. It'll be too cold for swimming still, but we can do other stuff, plus there's a hot tub and a sauna." Blake said.