Eleven

*****

"I need another story, need something to get off my chest. My life gets kind of boring, need something that I can confess. 'Til all my sleeves are stained red, from all the truth that I've said, come by it honestly I swear, thought you saw me wink no, I've been on the brink so, tell me what you want to hear..."- Secrets, by OneRepublic

*****

James

Shit, shit, shit... I thought as I held Rose.

What the hell was that? Who the hell was that?

All I knew, was that if I ever find the bastard, he'll wish he'd never been born.

But what was I supposed to do now? Rose was unconscious in my arms, with red swollen cheeks covered in dried tears, and a dark bruise probably forming on her abdomen.

God, she's so beautiful, always. Who would do this?

Did this have anything to do with why she left?

None of my questions mattered, it was only her, I had to get help.

I lifted her gently, and walked down the hall away from the party, and towards the stairs. I walked up the stairs to one of the spare bedrooms. Once I had shut the door, I laid her down on the small double bed in the corner of the room. I gently took off her shoes, and decided to wait on examining the bruise on her stomach.

Once I was satisfied with where she was, I left the room. I had to find Sarah or Hunter or even Blake for that matter, as much as I hated him. One thing was for sure, the party was now about to be shut down.

I ran down the stairs, scared for Rose. Someone needed to be watching her while I was gone. Who? I scanned the room. There were too many people, and I couldn't see Blake, or Sarah, or Hunter.

I did see one familiar face that I trusted.

"Carter!" I yelled.

He was talking to a group of girls with a beer in his hand, but his attention immediately snapped to me. He looked at me, and then excused himself from the girls.

"What's up?" He asked when he was in front of me.

"Listen," I hurried. "I need you to go sit in the spare bedroom on the second floor. Theres a girl, Rose, she's unconscious on the bed. You need to watch her. Just stay with her, until I get there." I finished.

"Wow she must have had a gallon of tequila if she's out cold." Carter joked.

I glared at him. "It's not that. Just please go sit, and wait, please." I pleaded, which I never do.

Carter looked taken aback. "Fine, I'm going now." And he set his beer bottle on the nearest surface, and jogged up the stairs.

I trusted Carter, he was my best friend, he'd take care of Rose. But now I had to find Sarah.

I ran through the whole house looking for her. I couldn't find her, but I did find Cal and his new girl Anna.

"Cal!" I bellowed.

"'Sup man!" He said. "Not a bad turn out, huh?"

"Listen," I began. "I need you to get all these people out of here."

"What?" He exclaimed.

"Listen it's important. You have to!" I urged.

Cal stared at me for a few moments, and so did his girl, then he nodded and said, "Okay, but it better be worth it." Then he left, leaving Anna behind.