Adopted by Demi Lovato chapter 2

Demi POV:

When we finally arrived at the house I took all Mackenzies things and carried them to her room whilst her and Marissa watched TV when I got back down Mackenzie was fast asleep on the sofa she looked like an angel I don't understand how any worker could hate her. Whilst Mackenzie slept Marissa and I watched TV but through the corner of my eye I saw red marks on Mackenzies wrists I looked at Marissa who had noticed them too I remembered how Evalynn had said that she cut and purged and my heart dropped how could this sweet child be so depressed? I went and sat beside Mackenzie who was still fast asleep and I slowly moved her bracelets away from her wrist I gasped at what I saw she had many cuts so many were deep enough to have hit a vein Marissa was watching from the sofa she looked heartbroken I moved the bracelets back to cover her wrist and said quietly "Marissa can you help me put away anything that she could cut with I want to help her" Marissa looked at me and nodded and left the room. I went into Mackenzies room that I had decorated with beautiful pink walls with little flowers and butterfly's painted on them I decided to look through Mackenzies stuff to make sure there were no blades and so I could put it all away for her.

Once I finished packing I had found a total of 7 blades and 3 sharpeners that I guess she hadn't got the blade out yet and I also noticed how all her clothes were tiny she was a size 7-8 at age 12 I guess that confirms the purging thing.

Mackenzie POV :

Once I woke up I realised that neither Demi or Marissa were in the room so I decided to go and find Demi I went up the stairs and into a big room at the end of the hall. I found Demi sitting on the wooden floor with my blades in her hand I panicked I wanted to run back down stairs and pretend I didn't see her with them but Demi turned around and looked at me with sympathetic eyes and she motioned me to come sit with her I went over to Demi and sat I front of her but she pulled me onto her lap and hugged me tight I really miss hugs I never got them much before because nobody cared I hugged Demi back "sweety I already knew Evalynn told me but baby I didn't know it was this bad I'm going to help you okay because I love you and I'm you mom"she whispered into my ear sweetly nobody ever wanted me to call them mom not even my old adopters who used to beat and rape me so I got sent back to the care home "I'm sorry Demi I just can't cope without them" I replied she nodded obviously understanding "well your going to have to you don't know how much damage you are doing to yourself until it's almost too late" she said I nodded and smiled for once it was a real genuine smile.

Demi and I sat there for a while talking she didn't mention much about my self harming or purging I think she didn't find out about the purging one which is great for me but it hurts me to know I'm lying to her I really do consider her my mom. Demi's phone started buzzing and she looked at her texts and sighed of relief I was confused and I guess she noticed because she hugged me reassuringly.

Demi POV:

I was sitting with Mackenzie and my phone started buzzing

Marissa - M

Demi - D

M- I hid EVERYTHING she could hurt herself with I'll tell you where they are later

D- Thanks Rissa, we are in her room come up to us

M - Kk ily Dems

Not long later Marissa appeared in the doorway she smiled at Mackenzie and I "awe that's too cute!" She said taking a picture on her phone of us "hey don't put that anywhere just yet I want to do a twit cam to show my Lovatics my angel for the first time" I said smiling Mackenzie got a bit tense when I said about showing her I guess she's nervous "Kenzie don't be scared they will LOVE you because Marissa and I love you" I said to her

Marissa smiled "It's getting late shouldn't we get some food?" I smiled "yeah let's go to the diner!" I replied happily I guess this would show more about Mackenzie and her problems.

We all got into the car and drove to the diner whilst playing the radio on full blast. When we arrived we got seated right away I guess that's one of the perks of being famous luckily there were no paps following us I don't want Mackenzie to be exposed to that yet.

We all ordered I got a chicken burger with fries and a coke and Marissa got a cheeseburger and fries with a Pepsi and Mackenzie got mac and cheese and water. When Marissa and I had already finished Mackenzie hadn't even eaten half I smile reassuringly at her and whispered "you can do this baby" she started eating more after that. We payed the bill and drove home.

When we got home Mackenzie went to bed so Marissa and I watched some TV. After awhile I started hearing gagging sounds from upstairs I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom where it was coming from, I stood in the door way of the bathroom to see Mackenzie throwing up everything she had eaten into the toilet a tear slipped out of my eye I knelt down next to Mackenzie and rubbed her back until she stopped when she had finished I picked her up I was surprised by how thin she was and I sat her on the bathroom counter, I pushed the hair out of her face that was red and puffy from crying so much "baby you are worth so much more than this and I'm going to prove that to you" I soothed I picked her up and carried her downstairs to the living room where Marissa was sat when I appeared in the hallway with Mackenzie Marissa gave me a concerned look and I mouthed "she purged everything" Marissa got up and hugged Mackenzie and I. I sat down with Mackenzie on my lap and Marissa by my side soon Mackenzie had fallen asleep and Marissa and I were both exhausted so we both decided to all sleep in my bed because it could easily fit all 3 of us with room to spare. So Marissa and I got changed and got into bed Marissa on the right Mackenzie in the middle and I on the left slowly we all drifted off to sleep