Chapter 22 - Schooling

Começar do início

Anyway, when Ashton told him his age, he practically handed Ashton a death certificate and made it perfectly clear that he was going to be the one to call the cops on him if he ever tried to do any funny business with me until I'm 18 at least. 

I -Being me- pointed out that having sex was legal for both of us because in New South Wales, the legal age was sixteen. Jason then automatically assumed that Ashton and I had already done the deed which was completely awkward for every single person in the room at the time. So to get out of it, I told them that everytime I moved to a new state, I got told the rules -That being one of them. 

So it's safe to say, Jason does not like Ashtons age. 

"I noticed" He chuckled.

"They just wanted to know why I haven't been going to school" I shrugged, crossing my legs so I was facing my boyfriend. 

"Wait, you've been missing school?" He asked, also sitting up. "I thought you were on school holidays or something" He told me. I shook my head and started picking at my nails. "Why aren't you doing to school, babe?" He whispered. I shivered when his cold hand touched my arm as he called me babe. 

I shrugged again, "I don't know. I don't like it. I don't understand it. I missed so much school beween being with my real parents, and even when I got out of there, I still missed more because of the amount of time I was in hospital" 

"Ah," He said quietly as he lied down, both of his arms going behind his head, "Exams are here, aren't they?" He asked me. I nodded and lied down next to him, putting my head just below his armpit. "Why don't you get tutoring? You know the basics don't you? Reading, writing, spelling, Multiplying, dividing.."

"Yeah" I stated. 

"Then it shouldn't be too hard to catch up. What grade are you in?" He asked

"Eleven" I mumbled. 

He put in arm over my shoulder and grabbed my hand that was resting on my stomach, "You don't have to work for an OP score yet, that's grade twelve," He stated, "So these exams won't matter as much as you might think. You have an entire year to work for that, and you still don't need to go for it if you don't want to. You can do things in different ways, babe" He told me. 

I never really thought about that. All this time I've been worrying that I was going to fail school completely, but even if I do get a low OP score next year, I could still find a different way of getting where I want to be. 

"What do you want to do when you leave school?" He asked me. 

I shrugged, "You want the dream, or the expectation?" I asked him.

"Both" He stated. I rolled over so I was lying on my stomach, making sure that I was in a position to see his face.

"My expectation has always been something easy, something to do with music, you know? Something I know a lot about" I told him, frowning at the thought of spending the rest of my life working with music. I mean, I love music, but I don't think I could do it as a job. Music is a hobby to me, I don't want to ruin it.

"Like singing?" He asked me.

"I can't sing" I laughed, "But no. I mean like being a journalist and basing my life around the music sort of things" I stated. 

He nodded in understanding, "And the dream?"

I blushed and looked down at his dark red shirt "Nursing" I stated. 

His eyes lit up in surprise, which got me all nervous and uncomfortable inside. He's probably judging me right now. Probably thinking I could never get that far in life even if I tried. I knew it was impossible considering my lack of knowledge on everything. 

'It's stupid" I mumbled, "I know it's not going to happen, I just..-"

"It will happen" He stated, "I mean, It can happen. If you try hard enough, it can happen. You just need to try. If you put all the effort in, in the next year, you can do this" He stated. "You just need to believe in yourself" 

"But how?" I asked him. "You need an incredibly high OP to get into that sort of thing, and with my lack of knowledge, I can't see it happening" I sighed. 

"You need an incredibly high OP to become a doctor. yes, you still need a pretty good one, but it's possible for you"

"Says the drummer" I smirked. He chuckled and gently pushed me, so I rolled off his firm, but warm chest.

"So are you gonna go to school?"

"I guess" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys! So as you've noticed -This is a filler chapter. Infact, the next few chapters will be fillers because I'm trying to spread out the moments between the huge drama! 

Yes, that mean something huge is about to happen ;)

MY CONCERT  IS IN 20 FUCKING DAYS GUYS. IM SEEING THEM LIVE IN 20 DAYS. IM CRYING. 

If anyone is going to the Sydney One Direction concert on the 23rd inbox me and we can catch up or something!!!!!!  I've painted 5SOS a picture so hopefully I'll get the chance to give it to them :)

Anyway, comment your favourite 5SOS song!