I Spy - ReNora

The Summer sun beat down on the grassy hill on which Ren and Nora lay. A lazy afternoon in the sun playing games from their childhood was an afternoon well spent.

The male of the pair looked to his left to look at the girl laying beside him, their faces only inches apart. "Nora?"

"Yes, Ren?" She sweetly replied.

"Do you remember that game we use to play - I Spy?"

With a grin she nods. "Yeah, we use to play it when we went on long journeys!"

Ren smiled at the fond memories that tagged along with that game. "Want to play?"

This made the ginger's smile grow impossibly bigger. "Sure!"

"Alright, I'll go first. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with T."

There's silence whilst Nora thinks. "Tree?"

"That's right!" He answers.

Nora rolls her eyes and groans. "Ren, that was too easy! We can see trees everywhere! Okay, my turn. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with... S!"

Ren looks around for something that begins with the letter S. "Sun?"

"Nope."

"Sap?"

"Sap?"

"Tree sap."

"Oh, nope, it's not that." Nora clarifies. "Guess again."

He furrows his brow. Sitting up, he looks around desperately trying to find something that starts with the letter S. "I give up." He sighs defeatedly.

This brings a smug grin to the ginger's face. "Sloth."

"Nora! To play I Spy, you have to be able to see the object - you can't just think of something and then say it, otherwise that's Think of Something: a different game." Ren chuckles as his friend huffs.

She looks up at him with a pout. "Well, this is a stupid game then."

This only causes the boy to laugh more. "Sorry, Nora. Okay, I spy with my little eye... Something beginning with F."

"Erm..." Her gaze fell upon the stream at the bottom of the hill they lay on. "Fish?"

"Nope."

She squints her eyes against the bright sun and takes in her surroundings. Suddenly, her eyes widen in realisation. "Ooo! Flowers!"

"Correct!" He beams.

"Flowers reminds me of flour which reminds me of pancakes which makes me hungry..."

Ren laughs. "I'll make you some pancakes when we go back to the dorm."

"You're the best, Ren!" Nora booms.

"You too, Nora. Now, it's your go." He smiles sweetly.

The sun's rays reflected beautifully off the pink eyes before her. His black silky hair with the pink streak shone like the stars in a night's sky. She was taken aback by the stunning appearance of her best friend. "My go." She breathes. "... Okay... I spy with my little eye.." Her face is delighted with a cheeky grin. "Something beginning with T."

"Tree?"

Nora scoffs. "No, Ren, I'm not as easy as you."

Ren rolls his eyes with a smile. "Of course not. I don't know then."

Pushing herself off the ground, Nora launches herself at the unsuspecting boy before her at hyper speed. "TACKLE!"

With that the pair tumble down the side of the hill, giggling all the way as their limbs get tangled up with one another. Ren knew at some point during their time on the hill they were going to end up rolling down it, still, he was surprised at the velocity they'd fallen down at.

When they'd stopped rolling at the base of the hill, Nora ended up underneath Ren. She stopped all motion which included laughing, this daunted worry on Ren. "Nora?" It's the quietest she's ever been. "Are you alright?"

"Ren?" She states, ignoring his question. Taking a breath, she decides what she should do next. "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with K."

Ren smiles, which soon falters when he can't see anything beginning with K. Still, his position on top of Nora doesn't change. A smile graces his features. "Did you forget the rules again? Remember, you can only say something if you can actually see it." He reminds her.

Nora nods. "Okay." With that she pulls him down so their lips can meet in a simple, sweet kiss. She pulls back and looks up into the sharp pink eyes before her. A blush creeps onto both of their faces - cheeks in flames. When Lie Ren's lips spread into a wide smirk, Nora Valkerie's heart melts.

"It wasn't your turn, cheater." He winks.

Nora giggles. "Boop!" She boops his nose as he pulls the pair of them up onto their feet.

"I love you too, Nora. Now, lets go get you those pancakes." Entwining their fingers he looks warmly down at her.

Face instantly brightening, she begins to bounce on the spot. "Let's go!"