Movie Night - Arkos

Something was playing on Pyrrha's mind, Jaune could tell. They had plans to go out and see a movie tonight, since they'd been given the week off from any form of hunting duties. Knowing that his partner was so down, he thought it'd be best if they didn't go out but, he didn't want Pyrrha to be disappointed, so he had an idea.

Sprinting up into the guest room of his house which was Pyrrha's room for the week, he knocked on the door and entered when he was given the all clear. "Hey!" The blonde greeted.

"Hello Jaune." She smiled weakly.

This made Jaune's own smile faulter. She seemed so... Down. "You know how we're suppose to be going to the movies tonight?"

She sighed dejectedly. "You want to cancel because you don't want to go out with me."

Jaune shook his head furiously. "No, Pyrrha, that's not it. I thought it'd be better if we stayed in and watched a movie together downstairs on the couch." There was no response, she just turned to face him. "I'll even go out and get some snacks!"

Giggling, she nodded enthusiastically. "Well that sounds grand."

The boy beamed. "Great! I'll go and get some stuff from the shop. You stay here and get yourself comfy."

*

Jaune went into the nearest convenient store which stood at the top of his road. He grabbed a few family share bags of crisps, bags of sweets, bars of chocolate, and a few bottles of fizzy pop. He went to the self check out, paid and left the shop, bags heavy in his hands. Before he went back to Pyrrha, he wanted to get something else - he wanted to treat her. He jogged across the street and swung through the door into the bakery.

"Ah Jaune!" The friendly baker greeted. "What brings you here so late on? Did your Mum and sisters send you to get the bread again?"

He chuckled. "Nope, not this time. They're all out of town on a girly weekend whilst my Dad's on a business trip. I'm actually here to pick up a little sweet treat for my friend; she's been going through a tough time lately."

The baker nodded in understandment. "Yes, the life of a hunter isn't easy. Still, I have just the thing." He went through the doors of the kitchen and returned a few minutes later with a box of a variety of different cakes. "Here, now, what's your friend's name again?"

"Pyrrha." Jaune stated definitely.

With a smile, the baker drew on each cake with the piping bag of icing in his hand. "Here we are. A batch of our finest cake selection for Miss Pyrrha Nikos."

Startled, Jaune furrowed his brow. "You know her?"

"Of course." He pulled out a box of Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes which was conveniently stashed underneath the counter. "This is her, right?"

With a chuckle, Jaune nodded his head. "Yep, that's my Pyrrha." The baker laughed along. "So, how much do I owe you?"

"For you, Jaune, nothing." He grinned.

Gasping, Jaune tried to pay. "But, Sir! Are you sure? I couldn't possibly!"

"As my best customer, I insist." The baker continued to laugh. He handed Jaune the box of cakes with his shopping and pushed him out of the door. "Now, you get back to the lovely young lady who's waiting for you back home."

"Thank you!" He called with a bright smile. With that, Jaune made his way back to his house sharpish.

*

"Pyrrha!" He panted as he booted his door open. "Sorry I was a little long." He paused when he noticed Pyrrha had set up the TV in the living room, and brought down some quilts, pillows, and blankets for the couch.

She looked at him and smiled. "It's alright, Jaune."

He walked further into the room only to notice that Pyrrha sat in her pyjamas with a hoodie of his over. She blushed when she noticed him looking at what she was wearing. "I-I'm sorry!" She blurted. "It was there so I put it on." She stood up. "I-I'll take it off."

She began to remove the hoodie but Jaune stopped her. "Hey, it's fine." He chuckled. "You look better in it than I ever have anyway." Relaxing, she sat down as Jaune placed his shopping on the floor. "I'll be back in a minute. I'll just go and change." With that he sprinted up the stairs and got himself changed into a pair of lounge pants and a t-shirt.

Pyrrha raised an amused eyebrow at his choice of clothing. "No bunny footsie pyjamas tonight?"

"Ha ha, very funny." Jaune remarked sarcastically.

*

Clasping his hands together, Jaune finished setting up their snacks and drinks on the table. "So, what movie do you want to watch?"

"I don't mind. You can choose."

Jaune thought for a moment. "Hey, the new Spruce Willis movie has just came out on ValeTV Films. Wanna watch that?"

With a nod of the head from the red haired girl, Jaune put the film on and settled down underneath a blanket Pyrrha had brought down.

About ten minutes into the movie, Jaune remembered about the cakes. "Oh!" He reached forwards and handed the box to Pyrrha who was sitting next to him. "I got these for you. Since I know you're going through a hard time right now, I figured I'd try and help cheer you up."

Pyrrha opened the box, and gasped as her eyes widened. "Jaune!" Was all she could burst. Inside were twelve different cakes - each had her name in cursive writing.

He shrugged. "I hope you like them."

She smiled and looked at him. "I love them. Thank you."

*

With half of the cakes gone, a few of the snacks and some of the drinks remaining, the film was nearing the end. Jaune leaned forwards as the tension began to build in the film. He looked to his side to find Pyrrha could barely keep her eyes open. He gave a half smile and looped an arm around her waist, the connection making her jump. "Come here." He laid her head on his lap and stroked a stray piece of hair out of her face. "You deserve the rest."

She looked up at him unsure, but then relaxed and cuddled further into him, sighing in contentment. He wrapped another quilt around the two of them, making sure Pyrrha was warm enough.

*

Once the film was over, Jaune looked down to see Pyrrha sleeping soundly. Careful as not to wake her up, he picked her up gently, bridal style, successfully hit the lights and TV off in a few swift yet steady motions, and carried her up the stairs into her room. There, he gingerly placed her down in her bed, like she was the most delicate object in the world, and if he was to be any less careful, she would break. Covering her up, he turned to walk away, but was instantly dragged back.

"Please stay with me, Jaune." She breathed sleepily.

Smiling softly, Jaune knelt down beside her. "Okay." He wasn't really sure what else he was suppose to do or say.
Pyrrha drifted her eyes open slightly. Wrapping her arms tightly around his waist she turned over in the bed so he was
now lying next to her. She raised the covers and placed it around both herself and Jaune. Scooting over, she snuggled into Jaune's chest and slept peacefully with a grin playing at her features.

Although stunned at first, Jaune softly laughed it away as he planted a kiss atop Pyrrha's head.

"Good night, Pyrrha."