The Yang I Know And Love - Bumblebee

Some more Bumblebee was requested by Marleypoo411 and ConnerFenton9

Okay Blake, okay. You just need to take a few deep breaths and calm down. This is Yang we're talking about; the most caring and understanding person you have ever met. You've been waiting months for this moment. All that confusion and worry will have been for nothing if you back out now.

Alright, I can do this!

The door flung open followed by a loud thud as it slammed against the wall. I jumped and looked up from my book, which I hadn't been paying attention to, to find Yang storming in to the dorm. I look across the room and find Weiss glaring at Yang in disgust and Ruby eying her with concern.

"Urgh!" Yang grunted. "Some guy has just been hitting on me then tried to kiss me! Then to top it all off, he tried to attack me when I declined! I mean would you believe it!? The nerve of some people!"

Maybe now isn't the best time to tell her...

"What happened?" Ruby chimed.

Yang shrugged. "When I was on my way back from town, some dude, brown hair, green eyes, yay big, has the face of someone I wanna punch, stopped me and said, 'hey blondie, I've seen you around and I've gotta say, even though there's all these people, you've always caught my eye.' So, me being me, I play along. 'Well aren't you a charmer?' Then I wink. Bad move on my behalf because that makes him think I like him back. He starts smirking at me and moves closer. 'I like to think so. I could charm you all day, everyday.' So I laugh it off. 'Wow, don't you know how to treat a lady?' By now, he is WAY too close to me. 'Yeah, I guess I do.' Then he starts leaning in."

I lean forward and listen intently to the story Yang was telling. She doesn't kiss him does she?! That's my job! Well... I want it to be my job...

"I lean back and as calm as ever say 'yeah, no thanks'. So then, he starts getting all annoyed. 'NO! YOU WILL BE MY GIRLFRIEND AND YOU WILL KISS ME!' The next thing I know the guy's swinging his fists at me, drawing attention. So, I did the one thing I know best and said, 'If you knew anything about me, you would know that was a BAD IDEA!' And then I-"

A scowling Ruby cut Yang off. "Yang, please don't tell me you injured this man who clearly has no professional training!"
Yang brushed her off. "Of course I didn't, Sis. How could you think so little of me?" She fake pouts and Ruby rolls her eyes.

"So what did you do then?" Weiss asks in curiousity, though she would never admit she was enjoying the story.

"I simply grasped his shoulders and held him at arms length. I told him I wasn't interested and he shouldn't keep trying because he was only going to get hurt." Yang closed her eyes, folded her arms and gave a smug nod in the direction of her sister.

Ruby gave a little smile. "As long as nobody was hurt... Physically, that's alright."

"Exactly." Yang nodded.

Walking towards me, Yang brought me close. She must be able to hear my heart, right? Then she muttered into my ear. "I right hooked the man." She pulled back with a smirk. Yep, there's the Yang I know and love.

***

Finally, now's my chance! Ruby and Weiss have left to go and do some dust training meaning it's just me and Yang in the dorm.

"Y-Yang." I ask timidly, inwardly cursing myself for sounding so petty.

The blonde instantly jumps down from her bed, and perches herself next to me on my own bed. "What's up?" She wonders, eyes full of concern.

I swallow quick and hard. "I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time now, but I could never find the right moment. Like, the other day, I was going to ask you, but then you told us about that guy who you punched, and you seemed like you were in a bad mood, so I left it, but now seems like a good time so I'm going to tell you." I say in one breath.

Yang blinks in what I can only assume is surprise at my outburst. "Erm... Okay."

"Yang." I start. She waits patiently for my next line of speech. "I think... I like you... A lot... As in, more than I should..." Possibly the most anti-climatic and poorly executed sentence in the world, but at least it got my message across... Right?

The blonde before me is silent for a moment, probably trying to piece together the conversation and make sense of it. "So, you're saying that you like me?"

"A lot." I correct.

She nods. "But that's a bad thing?" She questions in sheer confusion.

I shake my head. I guess my two-bit sentence didn't make as much sense as I thought. "No, what I mean is..." I pause once again, rapidly becoming flustered. "Look, the thing is... What I'm trying to say..." I release a big sigh with the realisation that my words weren't getting me anywhere. Mean while, Yang is staring at me utterly puzzled.

Impulsively without thinking, I rocket my body forwards, peck Yang on the lips and shoot back to my place, blushing like a lunatic. "I'm sorry." I mutter from behind my hands. Have I really just done that?!

Frozen at first, the blonde buffoon begins to smile so much that a small giggle escapes her lips. "So that's what got you all flustered and stuttery." Yang laughs. "You don't make things easy for yourself do you, Blake?"

She continues to chuckle. Removing my hands from my mouth, I sit up straight. "You're okay with it?"

Ending her laughing in an instant, she nods. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just... Aren't you mad?"

Smiling once again, but this time more genuine. Yang takes her hands in mine. "Of course I'm not, because... I think... I like you... A lot... As in-" She cuts herself off and places an unexpected kiss on my lips.

Despite how much I'm enjoyed the kiss, I can't help but internally groan at her quick teasing - how does she so casually slip it into a conversation?!... She's never going to let me live my confession down, is she?