As Long As You're Okay - Freezerburn

Friendship 💜

The rain pounded against the windows of Beacon Academy yet, Professor Port's voice continued to bellow over the absurd noise as he told of a story to his students; including the fearless team RWBY and the little less coordinated, team JNPR.

Pyrrha helped Jaune take notes whilst she took her own. Ren quietly completed his work whilst Nora chatted away to herself, but not too loudly that the teacher noticed. Blake had her full attention on the lesson at hand, except she wasn't entirely sure what they were suppose to be learning, but continued to try and figure it out anyway. Team RWBY's young leader, Ruby, had drawn doodles of Professor Port in her book, and passed out about twenty minutes ago on her desk. Then there were the final two members of team RWBY, Yang - who's gaze was transfixed on the girl with the white like snow hair - Weiss.

Lately, Yang had noticed Weiss change. She was more sulky than usual, she worked even harder on her appearance, she was barely around, and finally, yet most importantly, she hadn't been sleeping well. She'd get up in the middle of the night after having no more than an hour's sleep, and start studying using the light of her scroll.

Currently, Weiss sat uncharacteristically slumped; her left arm supporting her head on the desk as she tried to force her eyes to stay open. Every now and then her eyes would droop closed, then snap open, only then to fall back into the same lazy stare. She glanced down at her notebook and realised she hadn't taken any notes at all. Sighing, she tore her gaze back up to look at the teacher who continued to babble on about some story he'd told for like the millionth time that week.

Yang furrowed her brow at the girl before her. This wasn't the perfect Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, she saw before her. This was a girl who wasn't interested in how her life panned out - simply not interested in school at all.

*

"Sir?" Yang queried as she shot her hand up to stop the man from continuing further.

His attention snapped to the blonde and he stopped talking instantly. "Yes, Miss Xiao Long?"

She chanced a glance at Weiss before carrying on. "Me and Weiss have to go and see Professor Goodwitch about an issue." At her name, Weiss snapped her head up and shot a confused yet tired look at Yang. "We have to leave now to speak to her."

"Very well. The two of you may be dismissed. I'm sure your team mates can take the necessary notes for you whilst you're gone." He looked down at the sleeping form of Ruby Rose. "... Or maybe Miss Belladonna can help you out there."

Yang grinned at her typical sister, then at her partner, who nodded with a worried look in her eye. She knew exactly what Yang was doing. "Thanks, Sir." With that, Yang stood up, collecting her work from her desk and shoving it in her bag. Weiss followed suit, although she had nothing to show for even being in that lesson.

*

Once the doors to the lecture had closed, Weiss scowled hard at Yang. "What in the world is wrong with you? Why in the name of Grimm would you pull us out of a lesson like that? You know, I care abou-" Yang cut her off.

"We need to talk." With that she grabbed Weiss' arm and took off towards their dorm.

*

Weiss found herself, disorientatedly, perched on her bed, whilst Yang glowered down at her from her own bed with concern. "Weiss, you have to tell me what's going on. Lately, you've been acting strange, you've been falling asleep in class, and you've been avoiding us. Has something happened? Is everything okay?"

The heiress huffed, "It'd be great if I could get a word in edgeways!" Yang sealed her lips and waited for what was to come next. "And I haven't been 'acting strange'." She gestured in the air for quotation marks. "I've just been... Busy! It's not easy being the heiress of one of the world's largest producers of energy propellents, is it now?"

"Well, I wouldn't know. But, that's besides the point. You've always been the heiress to your father's company, so it doesn't make sense for you to get stressed over that now. You're Weiss Schnee, you can tackle anything that get's thrown at you." Yang reasoned.

There was a mumble from the other side of the room, which Yang only just about caught. "Yeah, well not everything..."

*

The blonde jumped down from her bed and took a seat next to Weiss, but not too close - Weiss doesn't like that. "Weiss, please, I want to help you. Look, we're worried about you. Ruby - she doesn't know how to deal with this. She's tried talking to you but you just blow her off-"

"And what makes you think I won't do the same to you?!"

"Because I won't let you. Ruby didn't want to upset you, so let you be." Weiss remained quiet. "Even Blake's tried to do something, but she wasn't very successful at getting through to you either."

Weiss rolled her eyes. "So, I guess that's why you're here then."

Yang shook her head. "No, I'm not here to talk to you, or get through to you. I'm here as a friend. I can't stand living through another day, knowing that one of my closest friends are basically killing themselves for whatever reason."

Icy blue orbs widened at that. "K-Killing?"

"Yes! If you don't start getting enough sleep you're gonna end up passing out."

*

A silence filled the room until Weiss spoke again. "I-I..." She huffed at herself as she allowed Yang to see her weak self. "Well..."

Realising the Schnee heiress had no words to say, Yang wrapped her up in a hug - not a death bearing one, just an ordinary hug.

Weiss squeaked in surprise. "Yang! You golden oaf!"

This only caused for the blonde to keep a tighter hold. Eventually Weiss gave into Yang's demands and wrapped her own arms around the taller girl, feeling somewhat, happier and relaxed. Yang smiled. "See? No talking." Yang said in a hushed tone as she felt Weiss slacken in her arms. "You don't have to tell us what's going on if you don't want to, even though we're your team. We just want you to be happy, and let us take care of you. Remember, we'll always be there for you, Weiss, no matter what any of our situations are."

After Weiss had had a little time to process what Yang had just said, she smiled against her shoulder. "Thanks, Yang." She mumbled into the fabric.

Yang sighed in relief. "As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."