Light Of My Life - Bumblebee

Obviously I had to kick start this thing with my otp 😉 enjoy! 😄

As the hail thundered down from the Heavens in icy shards and the rain shattered through the atmosphere, clouds blocked the moon's light and stars were robbed of their time to shine.

In Beacon Academy, students wrapped themselves up in layers of warm clothes and blankets, clinging onto each other as Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck fussed around ensuring every radiator and fire was on and in tact. This was Vale's coldest Winter in Remnant's recorded history. The rapid change in temperature remains a mystery.

Team RWBY's dorm consisted of the first three initials of the team. Ruby and Weiss were curled up on Weiss' bed in countless blankets and hoodies. They clutched onto each other basking in the warmth emitted between the two of them. The Schnee Heiress disapproved of the close proximity, but was grateful for all the warmth her and Ruby shared.

Across the room lay Blake on her own bed. She shivered against the cold despite having tons of blankets and jackets wrapped around her, plus the central heating made a big difference to the room's frosty demeanour. She held a book in a single shaky hand, attempting but failing to occupy her mind with thoughts other than the frigid cold.

"Blake?" The team leader's voice squeaked out. Blake turned her head at her name and peered over her fort of blankets. "Do you want to come over here with me and Weiss? You seem pretty cold all by yourself."

Declining her offer, Blake sunk further into the warming blankets. "No, I'm alright. I'm sure these quilts and jumpers will keep me warm enough."

Ruby nodded, snuggling closer to Weiss.

*

A few minutes passed before Weiss broke the silence. "Hey Ruby, where's your sister? Professor Goodwitch made it very clear that we were all to stay in our dorms tonight and keep warm."

As if on que, Yang walked into the room. "Hey guys!"

Blake and Weiss looked at Yang horrified as they took note at what she was wearing. Her ordinary casual clothes. "Yang!" Weiss blurted. "You're going to freeze to death! Aren't you cold?"

Yang shook her head with a slight chuckle. "Nope. I mean, sure, it's a bit nippy, but nothing too bad." She carried on walking into the room, closing the door behind herself. Perching herself on Blake's bed she gave the dark haired Faunus a puzzling look. "Blake? Are you okay?"

Blake hadn't even realised she'd been staring at the blonde beauty. "Oh, erm, nothing!" She burst.

Nodding slowly, Yang replied unconvinced. "Right..." Suddenly, a huge shiver ran the length of Blake's body. Yang's eyes widened slightly as she realised just how cold her partner was. "So, I'm guessing you're freezing right about now. Well, have no fear, partner! For Yang Xiao Long is here!" She stuck a thumb into the middle of her chest proudly then continued. "As soon as I get changed into my pyjamas I'm gonna come straight back in here and warm you up! Sound
like a plan?"

Usually, Blake would shy away from unfamiliar situations and a whole lot of unnecessary contact, but this was Yang she was talking about, the girl she trusted with all her heart, and this was an acceptable time for close encounters. Maybe the fiery blonde's offer wasn't so bad after all.

When Blake never answered and instead opted for involuntary gazing up at Yang, she stood up and smiled. "I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" With that she scurried off into the bathroom after collecting her nightwear from her draws.

*

When Yang returned from the bathroom, she took note of the sleeping pair on the other side of the room. She was going to ask them if they wanted to come and join herself and Blake, knowing how much warmth she could provide them with, but they seemed happy enough sleeping together.

"Hey Blakey!" Yang chimed a little quieter than usual.

Blake looked up, panic falling about her features. "Yang!" She hissed. "You're going to catch your death! Put some proper clothes on!"

Yang wore her usual sleeping attire - a pair of black booty shorts and an orange tank top, printed with her emblem. She sighed, "Fine, just for you, I'll put on a hoodie." She walked over to her set of draws and pulled out a bright yellow hoodie also with her symbol on the front, this time in black. "Better?"

"Not really." Blake deadpanned. "Your legs are gonna be cold."

Rolling her eyes, Yang made her way back to Blake. "Well, they're about to be wrapped in blankets so they won't be."

*

Carefully, Yang got on Blake's bed and gently slid herself to sit behind Blake. There, she wrapped her arms and legs around the quaking girl in a backwards embrace. "Oh!" Blake gasped.

Furrowing her brow in confusion, Yang tilted her head slightly. "Is there something wrong."

"The complete opposite actually. I was expecting you to feel like ice, but instead you're really warm." Blake smiled snuggling closer to the blonde.

Yang smirked. "Hey, if you wanted cold the Ice Queen's right over there." She nodded her head to the other set of bunk beds. "But I think she's already been claimed."

Blake giggled a little. "I'm quite happy with my Fire Queen."

*

The pair sat in a comfortable silence, only being broken when Blake turned a page in her book. Yang's chin rested on Blake's left shoulder as she read along with the Faunus. When Blake closed the book, Yang gave her yet another puzzled look. "How come you stopped? You never stop in the middle of a chapter!"

"I've had enough of reading tonight."

Yang gasped. "Okay, who are you? And what did you do with my partner?"

"Huh?"

"My Blake never has enough of reading! Ever!"

'My Blake.' This thought swarmed her head. The real reason Blake had stopped reading was because she couldn't concentrate on anything but the arms around her waist, the small breaths right next to her ear, and the golden tresses that occasionally tickled her cheek. 'Is now a good time?' Blake thought. She'd been falling for Yang ever since their first encounter in the hall, hence why she sought her out in the Emerald Forest.

Turning around in the hug, the pair now sat face to face only inches away. Blake's legs instinctively wrapped around Yang's hips, as the blonde was doing to her. Next, her arms shot around the girl's waist, and she placed her cheek on her shoulder.

Yang stayed as still as she could, not entirely knowing what to do. "Ah, so, you're still cold?"

Her only response was a hum that escaped the lips of her partner. Soon enough, Yang fully relaxed into their new positions, and eventually brought Blake closer and rested her chin atop her head.

*

Once again, the room fell silent. It was Yang who broke the silence. "So, it's getting pretty late, how about we call it a night?"

"But Ya-" She was cut off.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna be staying with you tonight to make sure you're warm enough... If that's what you want." She looked down at Blake's blank expression staring back up at her. She was starting to feel uneasy. "I mean, I'll stay in my bed tonight if you'd rather not have me with you. I was just making a suggestion since I'm worried about you." Yang prayed Blake would say something to get her out of this situation, what she received was something she least expected.

Reaching up, Blake pecked Yang on the lips. Eyes going wide, Blake shot back from her partner. "I-I'm sorry, Yang!" She tried to scramble away but Yang's iron grip said otherwise. Lowering her face to Blake's, she captured her lips in a fuller, much more satisfying kiss.

Pulling away, she grinned down at the dark haired girl. Untying her bow, Yang caressed Blake's tense ears. "Hm, you really do like to surprise me, don't ya Blakey?" Yang joked with a wink. This caused the Faunus to blush past the two shades she'd already turned.

Hey! So, if you want to read a story about your RWBY OTP or you just fancy reading a story about another RWBY pairing, leave me a comment with the ship you want a story about (stating whether you want it romantic or friendship) and I'll write a oneshot about them 😊 (the ship can be as crazy as you like 😆 )