Chapter 7: The Warlord

"Are we nearly there yet?" Sworgey moaned to Zur as they were being pushed further and further toward by a couple of Dark Elves.

"Another few minutes." Zur was tired, frustrated and felt almost too weak to continue.

"But that's what you've been saying for the past two days, if a few minutes is a couple of days, only Arath knows how long a year would be."

"I mean it this time, we should be at their capital, Veraei, in a few more minutes." The captain, who they had learned was called Jaeorai, turned to them both.

"Do you two ever shut up? For the past two days I've had to listen to your father and son arguments. Now stay silent or else I won't hesitate to force you to keep your mouths shut." Jaeorai looked away in anger. Zur decided it was best to keep his mouth shut. The captain could probably kill him if he kept talking. Unlike the other Dark Elves, his armour was a more darker shade of purple and it also had grey lines going down the sides. He wore no helmet at all, this exposed his flowing black hair. He had the Clan Vereth symbol on the left side of his chest plate. It was a purple line with 3 lines going of to the left from the top to the middle and it had another two diagonal lines parallel to each other at the the top right corner of the main line. His halberd was slightly bigger than the other Dark Elves' but it also was more sharper  and had another spear point at the bottom of the hilt.

Zur looked forward and could finally say in satisfaction "Welcome to Veraei Sworgey." Sworgey wasn't impressed, a large cobblestone wall was blocking his view on anything. Jaeorai went forward to the gate and spoke to the guard. The gate gently opened, it's arched doorway split in two and going to the side. As they walked in, Sworgey understood just exactly what Zur meant. The city was like no other, built into the rock face itself it surrounded them, above them, beside them, most probably even below them.   Towers stuck out of the rock face along with statues and buildings. In front of them was what seemed to be a city hall, it's gates looked like they were meters and meters in the air but in truth it was only a design that was chiseled onto the wall. In truth, there were a flight a wide steps leading up to a much smaller double door. Two massive statues bordered either side of the doorway. They were both what seemed to be an elf, half of it was hidden with a cloak but the other side showed the head, half the body, an arm holding a knife and a leg. The face was covered by an assassin's mask whilst the rest of the body was covered with tight fitting robes.

As they approached the double doors, to Dark Elves on either side of the door pushed it open allowing then to easily pass inside. There they found themselves looking around a smooth stone hallway with candles built into the walls emitting a bright light to keep the hallway lit. Sworgey could see chiselled designs on the walls, they flowed with the design of the hallway, blending in, but enough for one to see. As they proceeded down the hallway they came upon an area where the hallway split into five parts, they took the third part and kept on walking straight until They reach reached another set of double doors, two heavily armed dark elves guarded the door, clearly someone, or thing of great importance was inside. Jaeorai whispered to one of the guards who whispered something to the other and then the both off them pushed the heavy door with their great might. Sworgey, Zur and Roh were pushed into the room, there was a long stone table with chairs lined up along it and two grand chairs at either side of the table, on the far side was a man, more of a shadow, it was hard to make out what he looked like or anything like that.

"Those won't be necessary." The man looked towards the rope that binded their hands together. The Dark Elves quickly untied the ropes, Zur shook his arms around to get his magical power back to his hand, just in case. "Leave us." The man said quickly  the Dark Elves disbanded themselves. "Have a seat." This offer was directed to Sworgey and Zur, the two of them sat at the chairs closest to the man as Roh stood behind cautiously. The man's face was much more viewable now. He had black hair with a few greys going down to his shoulders. He wore black and comfortable looking robes and he wore a necklace with beads of diamonds, rubies and emeralds on his neck. Sworgey could make out a sheathe with an intimidating looking sword inside it.