Chapter 5: A Walk into the Forest Elves

"But i don't understand Zur, why can't we just go straight to the caves, why are we going through the forest?" Sworgey complained as he stepped over a rock on the forest floor.

"Sworgey, we're in the Druidine Forest, home of the Forest Elves, land of the Druids, we'll be fine." Zur opened his book that had a recent map of Ordarn in it. "So then... we keep going South-East and we'll arrive at the entrance in to the Mazaik caves." Zur held a stick in his left hand and used it as a walking stick for getting through the forest. They had left Roh to guide their horses around the forest as it was too dense for him and the horses to go through. They passed a small stream, the water swirling around and through the rocks. 

"Zur, are you sure this is safe, I heard about recent going ons in the Druidine Forest, the Mend of the Deep Forest are raiding elven border towns. Harsho Trolls are coming down from the Harsho mountains, laying wreck to the Southern part of the forest." Sworgey looked at Zur for an answer, but Zur seemed laided back, almost unbothered about what Sworgey's concerns were about.

"Sworgey, listen. The Forest Elves are one of the most greatest hunters in the whole of Ordarn. If anyone unwelcoming enters the forest, the Forest Elves would track them down sneak up behind them, and before they could think about if they're being watched they have a blade edged towards their throat or an arrow aimed at their face." Zur seemed relaxed as he said it but suddenly a thought came into his mind. But the thought was cut short, without warning, an elven blade sliced through the air and pressed up against Sworgey's throat, the shining silver blade glinting the sun into his eyes. Meanwhile, a figure wearing a light green tunic, brown leggings and green robes jumped down from the towering trees above the pair and pointed an arrow, already nocked into its beautifully perfected bow, at Zur's face.

A quiet but wary voice spoke. "State your names and nation." The elf with the bow spoke this, he seemed to have been wearing a gold bracelet, Zur could make out the horn, one the looked like a unicorn's of the forest, encrypted as an image on the stainless gold. Zur quickly switched his concentration to the question he was asked.

"Ah yes, hello there! I'm Zur, formally known as Councillor Zur, who I am sure you have heard of." Zur laughed nervously hoping they knew him and would put the weapons down. However the elf looked on, even though he wore a green fabric over his mouth and nose, Zur could easily make out that he was unimpressed. "Yeah... Anyway, this fine but slightly awkward gentleman is Sworgey, not Councillor Sworgey, just Sworgey. We're both from the Endritch Empire, your best friends... Or is that the River Elves?"

"The forest's are unsafe, we will escort you out of here." The elf with the bow nudged it up a bit to tell them to turn around.

"But, we're peaceful... Avoid the sword, and shield oh and knife." Zur was trying to plead for his innocent but it wasn't working, but just before he turned around in defeat, he heard a young, female voice.

"Keralaen, Halleraen, lower your arms." Zur turned his head and sighed in relief, Sworgey turned to look and saw a beautiful woman. She had light blue eyes, soft, silky skin. She wore clothes a bit like the other 2 elves but had gold laden all over, she wore a gold covering over her pointy ears. Her long black hair soothed along like the very grass on the earth to the wind. "Councillor Zur, I thought your adventuring says were over, but as they say, never trust a man from the deserts."

"Ah, Irisael, how is your father?" Zur seemed to be very happy about seeing her, it looked like he knew her well.

"My father is fine, busy and stressed yes, but he makes sure he stays in good health. Anyway, you should come with us, we will take you two to Verena." Verena was A Forest Elven town on the South-Eastern border of the Druidine Forest and Forest Elven territory. It, just like all the other Forest Elf cities, were built as massive tree houses and platforms. 'Tree Cities' was a popular way outsiders described them. "Come on."