Chapter 2: The Council Meeting

" Sworgey, Sworgey!" An orange flame flared in Sworgey's eyes as he slowly opened them. He was sitting down next to Captain Hudern, who was sleeping on the medical bed, he began remembering what had happened last night. They had reached the great city of Castledawn. They passed farms and houses until they reached the nearest infirmary. Sworgey was to tired at the time to take into account anything else that was happening. All he could remember was taking the Captain to a medical bed. He could remember passing through several corridors that had an old oak wood floor and poorly maintained stone walls. His mind was blank after that. He looked around the room, locating his equipment by the window and the Captain's by the door.

"Sworgey, oi! Get up!" Sworgey recognised the face that was talking to him, it was Jurden, one of the knights who was in the battle at the temple. He had quite a long chin, a fairly small face, brown hair and was wearing the underlays that would usually be beneath his armour.

"What is it, Jurden?" Sworgey stretched himself and yawned a bit louder than he usually would, but the pass few days were so stressful for him, it wasn't a surprising that he was acting different to how he would usually act on a normal day of the week.

"I have a message from the council, they said they want to meet you."

"Me?" Sworgey was confused. He didn't understand, since when did the council of The Endritch Empire want to talk to a common knight who had just recently fought in a battle.

" They want you there by midday."

"Right, erm, yeah. I'll get moving, watch over the captain whilst I'm gone."  And with that he left the room. He walked along the corridor, towards the exit of the infirmary.

15 minutes later, he reached the bustling markets of Castledawn. So many colours: blue, red, green, yellow and hundreds more. Market criers were announcing the new prices in the stores. Deals and trades were being made around every corner. It was truly madness. A man offered Sworgey a bag of wheat. However, Sworgey concentrated on his task at hand. He would reach the Capital Plaza a few minutes before midday. He could already see the gigantic statue of King Endritch. The first ruler of the Endritch Empire. Even though the statue and plaza were both on a raised hill, Sworgey could easily see it in the market area. The stone had been painted back to it's usual colour of gold because the rainy season had worn of the majority of the statue's colour, revealing the grey stone it was made of. Sworgey didn't think to much of it, and began the walk up the hill.

About 3 minutes later, Sworgey reached the Capital Plaza. It was a circular shaped plaza with grand buildings around it. The plaza was made of colour stone bricks, the plaza's design was extremely eye catching and interesting. Sworgey looked around, making sure everything was where he thought it would be. At the opposite end was the Royal Palace, the home of Queen Kierin. In truth she wasn't really the queen. Her brother, King Rougal, was sick and wasn't fit to rule. So Kierin decided to take the throne and to watch over the kingdom in his stead. She thought she was doing a good job but in truth, people hated her. She raised taxes that made them almost unpayable, didn't care what happened to any of the other races on Ordarn and she also seized alot of farmland to build her holiday homes on. A few mysterious rumors said that she gave her brother something to make him sick. However, non of them are directly confirmed. To Sworgey's left there was the Royal Hall. A place where dead Kings and Queens were buried, it held many artifacts and had fallen victim to attempted robberies and lots of other crimes. However, no one was ever able to rob the hall and then escape. The guards would capture them easily. Also, the statue of King Endritch was positioned on the ridge behind the hall that overlooked the city. 

Sworgey's destination, however, was the Council Chambers. To the right of the plaza, a round building with chiseled pillars. Statues of famous councillors were dotted around the building and Endritch Empire banners were swaying in the wind. Sworgey began making his way to the Council Chambers. He began walking more quickly as he realised it was almost midday. He burst through the first double doors into the building and began running towards the meeting room at the end of the corridor. He flew past other people walking down the corridor, pushing them to one side, it was clear that he was in a rush. There were guards outside the room so Sworgey greatly decreased his pace to a gentle walk.