Chapter 3: The Prophecy

It was dusk. Sworgey walked around his house still confused after the events of the council evening. He reached for a cloth and started to sweep the dust away from his desk. He wanted to make sure his house was as clean as possible, he didn't want to ever live like he did in the barracks back when he was a squire. He swept the desk until he could see a perfect reflection of himself in the polished, dark wood.

Sworgey was unsure whether to travel back to the infirmary to check on Captain Hudern or to just go to sleep. At the end though, Sworgey's tiredness won as he began to make his bed. The salary he got from being a knight helped him alot when I came to his home. He had a nice and clean wool blanket and a soft, puffy pillow. His bed was also somewhat soft, however Sworgey prefered not to sink into his bed when he would go to sleep.

He was just about the lay in his bed when there was a heavy knock on the door. Sworgey wondered who it was, no one would ever visit him at dusk. As he began the walk out of the bedroom into the small, cosy sitting room. He considered acquiring his sword from the chest next to the fireplace. But he was too tired to bother. Lazily he slumped up towards the door, he felt like he would fall and fall into an instant sleep but another set of heavy knocks from the door made sure that wouldn't happen.

He was only a few inches away from the door as the clutched the stone handle and tiredly swung the oak door open. When he realised who was out there, he instantly woke up and stood straight up, hands by his side.

"Councillor Zur! What an hono..." Sworgey was cut off by Zur that launched himself by him closing the door behind him.

"Just call me Zur, pack your things, we're leaving." He talked as if he was in a hurry. He glanced at the old chest near the fireplace and look lunged towards it, he swung it open, got out Sworgey's sheathed sword and thee it towards him, the small bit of metal on the hilt reflected the torchlight in Zur's eyes as it flew away from him. Sworgey caught the sword carefully, making sure he didn't unsheathe it by accident.

"I don't get it... Leaving where? And why are you in such a hurry?" Sworgey's mind was racing with different questions.

"Your life is endanger, my life is endanger and the prophecy must be fulfilled." Zur looked at the door rapidly as he was throwing Sworgey's armour and shield out of the chest. "Roh are you coming or what?" Sworgey wondered who he was talking too but suddenly he heard large footsteps coming towards the door. He frightfully turned around. There, in front of him, was a stone golem, almost double his height. It had large hands and arms and there were dents in his body. In the centre of his body seemed to be a small fragment of a stone that glowed blue. Sworgey tried recalling what it was called. The Golem's Heart. The heart and soul of a golem, without it, the golem would be nothing more than a pile of stone.

"Errr, nice golem coun... i mean Zur." Sworgey turned back round to Zur only to be thrown his helmet, which he failed to catch, it rolled beside him towards the doorway. "Wait a minute... you said my life was endanger... what do you mean." Zur was clearly angry that Sworgey wasn't doing anything and was asking questions. 

"Look, do you want to die?" Sworgey stepped back so he was in the doorway, he quickly unsheathed his sword and raised it up in front of him. 

"You, you want a fight? I'll defend myself if i have to!" Sworgey was afraid but he hid it with his somewhat tough act.

"Oh for Arath's sake." Zur pulled out his wand, it was about a quarter of the size of Sworgey's sword. He lifted it up and at the same time a blue bolt of energy shot straight at Sworgey's hand, there was a blast when it hit. Sworgey dropped his sword and clenched his hand in pain.

"OW! That hurt!"

"Now you'll think twice before threatening me with a sword Sworgey old boy."