Chapter 21.(Part 4)

Start from the beginning

"You and August. I'm not dumb. I saw the look he just gave you." She stated, squinting her eyes at me. "What's up with y'all?"

I might as well tell her.

I sighed, staring at August on the stage.

"He's Angel's father." I admitted softly.

Niecy, of course, heard me and gasped loudly.

"What?! Are you serious?!"

A few people standing near us looked at her crazy before focusing back on the stage.

"Shh!" I shushed her.

"Does he know?" She questioned in a quieter voice.

"Um..." I chewed on my bottom lip and avoided looking at her. "Sort of."

"Sort of? How the hell does he sort of know he has a daughter?" She asked, her voice rising. "What the hell Bethany?"

"Can you keep your voice down?" I hissed. "Look it's a long story. I am gonna tell him but just not right now."

"Then when? He's leaving Atlanta tomorrow night and there's no telling if he'd be back." Niecy said. "Are you afraid he won't want anything to do with her? B, from what I've seen, he's a very loving and understanding person. I'm sure if you tell him-"

"Don't you think I know that?" I snapped. "You don't know him like I do, what all I went through. You've known him for what? Less than two days? You don't know the whole story so don't act like you do."

I turned away from her and stared back at the stage, not really paying attention.

Neither one of us spoke before Niecy sighed.

"Nate needs to give your grumpy ass some dick tonight. You been throwing temper tantrums all damn week, snapping at people and shit. You lucky I don't whoop yo lil ass cause we friends." She huffed.

I looked at her in shock before we both burst out laughing.

"Tell him. Tonight." She said, popping my shoulder before walking away.

I turned back and faced the stage to see August at the microphone again.

"Baby, I don't blame you.
For being in the clubs,
getting all that love."
His eyes found mine again as he sung directly to me.
"Because you're so beautiful,
God made you to show that off, oh."

He's really good.

I didn't even know he could sing!

I felt strong arms wrap around my waist from behind and I leaned back into a hard chest.

"Hey beautiful," Nathan breathed into my ear, resting his chin on my shoulder.

He kissed the side of my neck and I closed my eyes as the heat from his body embraced me as well.

"Hey baby." I replied, opening my eyes to look at August.

August's jaw clenched at the sight of Nathan and he gripped the microphone tighter with one hand as he continued to sing.

"I don't want nobody but you
(Kissing on my tattoos.)
And I don't want nobody but me (talking to you)
Until you fall asleep."

Nathan straightened suddenly and reaches for my hand.

"Dance with me?" He said, already pulling me towards the other couples slow dancing in front of the stage.

I laughed slightly and followed him, locking my arms behind his neck.

He rested his hands on my hips with a smirk as we sway side to side to the music.