60. A mistake, always a mistake!

Start from the beginning

"Humm.. I guess I am helpless here. Because Ram sir has asked all of us to not use our phones. Gunaa's men might still be searching for you. Why don't you ask him itself?" She questioned, and Dhruvika got angry.

She felt like a prisoner there. There was nothing to do in the hut, and she couldn't even call her family or Shikha. Her frustration was growing by the minute, and after dealing with all kitchen works, she retired to her room, to sleep which was the only option she could see to pass her time.

But on reaching the room she was met by a surprise. Lying on the bed was mannequin. She had always wished to have one, and beside the bed was a big cardboard box. On opening it she found a box full of different coloured threads, another full of buttons, and several others for sequences, for hooks, elastics, needles, everything needed by a tailor.

Searching on the inside, beneath all the small boxes, she saw a drawing book, pencils, colour pencils, chalks, and paint set. All that was needed to draw out her designs. Beneath all those was different cloth materials, about half a dozen of them, plus a measuring tape and scissors.

Who did this? Dadaji? Ram? Or Naveen?

She didn't know whose idea it was, but her bet was on Naveen. She still remember how amazed he was when going through her designs. She don't remember Ram talking about her designs or check them out.

But she was glad that she can design all the more she want now. The word thrilled was an understatement to define her.

But one thing was missing. As if one queue, Ram entered holding an iron stitching machine, talking to Naveen who was behind him pushing a table on wheels.

Ram was expecting her to be in the kitchen, talking with Sophie. So when Naveen came with all the equipments he had asked for, he had proceeded to fill her room with it.

That was his first step of his apology to her, by helping her make use of her time, and make her happy. He was sure she would be frustrated to stay here all alone with nothing to do, especially since he had her phone with him. He knew designing was her passion from the day they spoke at the cafe, the second day they met. But he didn't know what all to buy and had asked Shikha's help who was more than ready to help him. With her help, he had ordered Kiran to buy all the things and deliver it to Naveen's hospital, from where he picked it up.

Only the stitching machine was borrowed from Dadiji, from where Dhruvika had got this super craze for cloths, and designing.

But he wasn't prepared to talk to her about this. One look at her and he was silenced. His hand was aching from carrying the machine, especially his biceps, where he was bruised. From behind Naveen nudged him to go on, but Ram was stuck by the door way.

"Dhruvika, come on help us out.. This is really heavy." Naveen said from behind Ram, pulling her back to the surroundings. Sophie who was watching all this from behind, went and helped Naveen push the table, while Dhruvika walked forward to give Ram a hand.

"It's okay", Ram muttered as he walked forward avoiding her gaze.

The other two pushed the table forward and placed the table nearby the window, where she could work. Ram went forward and placed the machine lightly on the table, and proceeded to connect the machine with the wheel. Dhruvika stood by watching him work to fix the machine.

None of them spoke, and the tension grew thick in the room mingling with the already existing awkwardness. Dhruvika didn't know how to react. Whom should she thank?

Fortunately, Dadaji entered the room, holding a small bottle of lubricating oil.

"There, everything is ready now. Dhruvika beta, now you will not feel bored here, you can work whenever you want and no one will disturb you." He said, as he asked Sophie for a glass of water.