Chapter Twenty-Four: Stepping On People's Toes.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I let out a breathless laugh, her face looking like she still couldn't believe it when we reached the top of the stairs, going through another set of doors and passing other students. "But Lucas- holy when I first met that guy? He was so quiet. I literally thought he was mute but then Devin made him talk and we became friends. Then it turned out our families knew each other because of...I don't know rich people know rich people apparently, that's what my dad says and we became like this."

Jane put her middle finger over her index finger, giving me a bright smile. Lucas was right. She can talk but I wouldn't call her 'too much'. Not yet, we've only had one conversation.

By the time she had ended her last sentence she had pushed open a door and we entered a very large space. My eyes widened at the amount of art in the room.

I couldn't believe it.

The wallpaper of the room wasn't even wallpaper. They were splashes of paint on the wall, made to look like someone had just recently threw paint but on purpose. Majority of the students in the room were in a circle, seated on stools, painting on a easel. In the middle of the room, a girl sat down, earphones in her ears and looking down at her screen, typing away. I glanced over at some people drawing or painting her and majority of them were almost done and the teacher was looking at different easel's, commenting on how they could improve.

"Oh Lucas is over here."

Jane grabbed me by the crook of my arm over to a table in the corner of the far room where Devin and Lucas wee sitting and talking as Lucas was sketching on paper.

Lucas looked up and shot me a small smile before looking down at his drawing. "Wait...so you're going to go silent and not tell me who the hell is in front of us, you idiot?" Devin asked, fixing his sunglasses over his eyes.

Jane snorted beside me, grabbing the seat behind Lucas and Devin. "It's me and Sydney."

Devin exhaled. "Oh hey Jane, hey Sydney."

"Hey Devin." I said, taking the seat in front of Devin as Jane got to work behind them.

Devin shifted. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, what about you?"

"Life could be a lot better if Lucas could tell me who enters a room every now and then."

Lucas groaned. "Dev, I'm sorry okay?"

"Yeah okay." Devin muttered, tapping his fingers against his knee.

Lucas stopped what he was doing and looked over at me. "I'm surprised Jane didn't scare you off, Sydney."

"I'm not scary." Jane huffed behind him. "You want scary wait until you see my costume for the Halloween dance. Not during the day but the actual dance. I have it planned out and everything."

"You make it sound as if Lucas is actually going to the dance." Devin scoffed.

No one said anything which made Devin stopped his rhythmic tapping and tilt his head in the direction of Lucas. "Are you serious? You-You're actually going to a Halloween dance? No, you're actually going to a dance? You're lying right?"

Lucas shrugged. "It's our last year and there's a first for everything."

"Yeah who knows?" Jane added. "Maybe Lucas may actually have a good time."

"Yeah, stepping on people's toes that's for sure." Devin muttered.

"Maybe I'm only going to see Jane win best costume for the third year in a row." He told me.

"I send you a picture of me winning every single year. It's not that serious." Jane muttered, concentrating on whatever she was doing.

"But are you actually going?" Devin asked him.