Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (part two)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Raudhah, do you have any idea what could have triggered her to suddenly become like this?"

There was a moment of silence as they both thought hard on any possible clue.

The sound of a fingers snap. "Hassan."

That immediately caught me out of my reverie. Wait, did she actually know?

"Hassan?! Impossible! What makes you think that?" Layla seemed outraged by the accusation. I was also curious and had to hold myself back from day dreaming again, which happens a lot to me lately.

"I don't know. Just maybe. I mean, remember the first day Hassan was just a new student for this class and was introducing himself in front of everyone? He hypnotised me."

There was a moment of silence. We were actually already heading out of class and were about halfway from going out the school gates before we stopped dead on our tracks. Suddenly Layla erupted into huge uncontrollable laughter, red face tears and all. "Raudhah, hold down just a little there," more laughter, "I know Hassan is irresistibly hot, but we are discussing about something serious here! Besides, I think Hassan is already taken. His affection seems to be only for Sakinah."

Layla was choking from her laughter, coughing to get it together and calm herself down. I was calmly taking it all in, though I'm a little confused by what she said. "No wait, I'm serious! Remember how he strangely wanted to sit beside Sakinah for some unknown reason? Well, I WAS sitting beside Sakinah and he told me to change seats. I refused. But then he- okay I know this is going to sound crazy- but he hypnotised me with his breath taking beautiful grey eyes and something happened and my legs just moved on its own and sit elsewhere!" Raudhah seemed really flushed.

"Oh Raudhah! And to think sometimes I thought that your 'out going-ness' was getting annoying, you really made it up with your awesome sense of humour!" Layla pinched Raudhah's flushed cheeks teasingly and Raudhah seemed to flush into a deeper red and go on defensive mode.

*Cough cough* "I would like to borrow Sakinah for now, if you don't mind."

My eyes widen when I felt my shoulders embraced by an unknown arm from behind us which dragged me away from my friends. I turned around frantically to see who it was and when I did I felt my voice stuck in my throat and my heart almost felt like it stopped beating for a second from the shock.

"Oh look, speak of the devil and there he is! Yeah sure, you go ahead Hassan, have fun! Borrow her for as long as you want. Beware though, looks like there is someone else who is captivated by you..*cough cough*"

Dup dup. Dup dup. My heart was beating insanely again by his touch. I was again scared for my own safety. Who knows what will happen to me after this. Will I be lucky enough to even live another day?

Meanwhile Layla and Raudhah seemed to be having their own little quarrel going on. "LAYLA!!! WILL YOU STOP IT ALREADY?! It's not what it seems, I swear about what I said! You don't believe me don't you? ...ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME RIGHT NOW?"

"Aww...You look so cute when you are embarrassed. Common, come-on! Let's go search for you a cute boyfriend of your own." Layla dragged Raudhah's arm away and spoke to her like she was her child.

That seemed to really infuriate Raudhah and her anger. "Will you STOP that! Tease me once more and I sure as hell kill you!" They were already a good distance away from us. My heart was growing more anxious as their steps went further away from me. A part of me didn't want my friends to leave me alone with Hassan. Another part of me reminded me that it was for the best that they didn't know, for their own safety.