Adopted by Demi Lovato

Mackenzie is just another 12 year old kid who lives in a care home but there's a dark secret being kept within that care home Mackenzie was raped by one of the workers and she suffers from self harm and anorexia and purging will her idol Demi Lovato save her in time

Adopted by Demi Lovato

Mackenzie POV :

I lifted myself up from the cold floor of the care home bathroom I had just emptied my whole stomach but I still don't feel empty enough or skinny enough I glanced over at the razors by the side of the sink and I walk over to them and lift up my sleeve I drag the cold razor across my frail arm as blood leaks out from the new cuts seeing the blood makes the pain and sadness go away for a short time but that never lasts long enough to make me happy. I hear the horrible care home worker Evalynn screaming at me "MACKENZIE GET READY RIGHT NOW AND LOOK PRESENTABLE YOU ADOPTER IS COMING IN A FEW HOURS" she screams I look at my arm that is soaked in blood "oh shit" I murmur I grab a dark black towel and wipe away all the blood and hold it there until the cuts stop bleeding. When the blood stops I go into my small shabby bedroom and start to get ready I put many bracelets on to cover the fresh cuts and the old ones.

Demi POV:

I'm adopting a child today her name is Mackenzie but once I adopt her she will take my last name I can't wait to meet her, her portfolio was worrying she seems like a shy little girl but she is absolutely adorable I know my Lovatics will love her! I brought Marissa with me because I didn't want to come alone I already visited the care home it's a dull place I can't possibly be any fun for the poor little girl the care home workers are terribly mean I heard them screaming at Mackenzie to come down and meet me but the workers had upset her way too much so I didn't get to meet her.

Finally we arrived at the care home "are you ready Dems?" Marissa asked knowing I was nervous about Mackenzie "yeah I can't wait" I replied we walked into the care home to be rudely greeted by a worker called Evalynn who showed us into Mackenzies room where a little girl sat on the bed surrounded by posters of me I couldn't help but laugh a little, Mackenzie was terrifyingly skinny and she had bracelets on her left arm she was beautiful "hello Mackenzie I'm Demi I'm going to adopt you" I cheerfully say Mackenzie looks at me and Marissa and squeals "Hi Demi oh my gosh you saved my life and now your adopting me I'm so excited" she says excitedly Marissa does a little awwe sound as I go over and pick up Mackenzies things and say "ill go sign the papers sweety how about you and Marissa go and wait in the car I won't be long" Marissa nods and grabs Mackenzies stuff and takes it with her as they both leave the room I go down stairs and to the office. As I'm signing the papers Evalynn says to me "you got some trouble with that one she's a little brat too much attention she needs why don't you leave her here with us you don't want no kid who cuts and purges" my mouth drops how could she even dare say that about Mackenzie I never knew she cut or purged but that doesn't change ANYTHING I sign the last paper and say "in no way is any child or person that cuts and purges a brat and I am still adopting her because that child is the sweetest kid I've met and she doesn't deserve that pain I'm going to help her" I walk out of the room and leave the care home.

I get into the car where Marissa and Mackenzie are both sitting and talking to each other "Hey Dems" Marissa says happily Mackenzie smiles and says "Hi Demi" I smile at them both and drive us all to our home (Marissa lives with me) during the whole journey Mackenzie sat there on her phone "what ya kiddo?" I ask she looks up and gives me a fake smile "I'm playing candy crush" she says both Marissa and I laugh "your going to fit in at our house we are both obsessed with that game" Marissa says in between chuckles

Mackenzie POV:

I can't believe Demi Lovato has adopted me she saved my life so many times, when I was going to commit suicide at age 11 I thought how Demi got through it so I could too. When we were driving to Demi and Marissas house I got a text from these horrible girls from the care home Lillie and Emily

L&E- so fatass heard you got adopted by Demi Lovato don't worry shel only wants you because your a freak and she feels bad for you

M- leave me alone and that's a lie Demi doesn't feel bad for me she doesn't even know!!

L&E- Don't be so sure about that we got Evalynn to tell her when she was signing your papers!

M- You are so horrible leave me alone!

L&E- no chance fatty we are going to make Demi HATE you!

I felt like I was going to cry I can't believe how horrible they are suddenly I hear Demi "what ya doin kiddo" I quickly thought of a lie to say "just playing candy crush" I couldn't burden her with already.