FOUR

◆◆◆◆◆

FOUR; ESCAPE & PROM

     AMELIA RAN AS FAST as her powers would allow her to.

     She, Jasper, and Alice didn't even bother with a car. Alice revealed her vision about James and the ballet studio, sending Amelia into a run before she finished the sentence. Her mind was filled with guilty thoughts; she was supposed to keep Bella safe. Not only did she promise Edward, but Bella was a part of the family now.

     Amelia felt like she let Carlisle down.

     "Stay away from my brother and sister, you tool!" Amelia yelled, her arm swinging at James' cheek. Carlisle stopped her, pushing her and Edward back from the blonde man. She remembered what her family constantly repeated, violence is never the answer.

     "Son, enough. Remember who you are," Carlisle spoke softly to Edward, who was having an internal struggle with himself. Amelia put her hand on his shoulder and he looked down at her.

     Let us handle him, Edward. Take care of Bella.

     He simply nodded at her, leaving Jasper, Emmett, and Amelia to do what they needed to do with James.

     A smirk rose upon her lips, sadistic and evil. She ran her finger down his face as she grabbed the fabric of his shirt, tugging him along. Jasper was ripping the floorboards of the ballet studio while Emmett took ahold of James' right arm.

     "Lia, care to do the honors?"

     She stepped back, letting Jasper grasp his left arm while she jumped on top of him. Her hands latched onto the sides of his face before she pulled his head off, her smile widening.

     Alice lit the body on fire before rejoining Bella's side. Jasper and Emmett began throwing the pieces of James' body into the flame. Amelia ripped the floorboards from the ground and contributed in lighting the fire. Jasper and Emmett were letting out victorious cheers. Amelia snickered and threw her hair behind her shoulder.

     Serves him right.

     Alice took her place and Amelia ran to Edward's side. He was sucking the venom from Bella's wrist where James bit her. His eyes were moving in every direction, and Carlisle was commanding him to stop.

     Amelia pressed her fingers tightly against her brother's shoulder. "Edward, stop. Remember how much you love her."

     She didn't know if it was the command or her powerful words, but Edward tore himself away from Bella's body. She looked down at the girl and glanced at Carlisle.

     "She needs to get to a hospital."

     Edward nodded. Amelia touched his arm again. I'm sorry for not keeping her safe.

     "You did your best, Mia. That's all I could ask for."

◆◆◆◆◆

     "Is Bella really that clumsy that we can convince her mother she fell down two flights of stairs, then out the window?"

     "Have a better excuse?"

     "I have like, five different situations in my head right now."

     "It'll do for now, Mia," Carlisle spoke. The family stood outside in the hallway, while Edward and Bella's mother were inside of her room. People passed by them, shocked by the family's beauty. Amelia would shoot them a grin just to mess with them.