Chapter 25: Biggest decision

Real Quick Author's note

I have had some suggestions in entering my story in the Wattys. I need some Intel? Do you guys think I should do it or not? Please leave some comments about it. Thanks a bunch!

**********************************************************************************************

The weekend went by pretty fast. Now it was Monday and I was on my way to OSU. I was going for a college visit. My dad was with me. I was buzzing with excitement. We were going to tour the campus then go see the team.  I was excused from all my classes. It took about 3 hours. We were flying in then we would go back on late Tuesday night. I was nervous this college was pretty far from home. My dad was reading ESPN magazine. It was about football what else? We landed shortly and I was walking my dad shortly behind me. 

"Come on dad! We need to get there!"

"Hold on sweetheart we need to get our bags. They said they will have someone pick us up. So calm down I know you are excited." We walked over to the baggage claim. It was full of people. My dad towered over everyone so he could look over people. I got shoved by a guy. 

"Well excuse you." He looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes. We grabbed our bags then headed toward the doors when I saw a man holding my name. I smiled at him.

"Hi I'm Alex O'Ryan." 

"Well it is nice to meet you Miss O'Ryan. I have heard lots of things, you are the buzz of the campus. Alright the car is this way." I smiled at my dad and we headed toward the car. It was a SUV. 

"So what's your name?" I ask the man. He looks at me surprised.

"My name is Clyde." 

"Nice to meet you Clyde."  When we get in the car several other cars pull off at the same time. 

"Um Clyde?"

"Yes?"

"Why are those cars following us?"

"Oh those are also college visits."

"For football?" 

"Yes but you each have different positions. So no one will try and take your spot." We arrive at the campus shortly. When I get out Clyde takes us to the rooms we will be in. My dad and I get separate rooms. 

"Alright you need to be in the lobby in five minutes. I will see you all later."

"Bye Clyde and thank you for bringing us here." We go down into the lobby, and I see all guys. Not one girl. I walk down and they all look at me. 

"Whose she?" says the guy who is pretty big. 

"I'm Alex O'Ryan." 

"Like the quarterback Alex O'Ryan?" 

"Yeah?" Then they all come over and start to talk to me. 

"Wow it is so awesome to meet you!" 

"You are amazing!" 

"Guys GUYS! Wait a minute you all have heard of me?"

"Who hasn't. You are all over the internet and ESPN does a lot of stuff about you!" I look at my dad and he shrugs. We all start to walk towards the football field. The tour guide lady was telling us facts but I wasn't pay attention. Everyone knew me? I didn't realize that I was famous? When we got to the football field, the coach Meyer is standing there with the football players. 

"Welcome everyone, if you go to the locker room and change into the things we have laid out for you then join us on the field." We all walk into the locker room. The parents talk to the coach. We all start to get changed. 

"Wait, you're going to change in front of us?"

"Yeah got a problem." 

"Seems like you are wanting attention." It was the guy who shoved into me. 

"What? Okay if you have a problem with me say it now so I can get on with my day." 

"Well first off I think you are just a bunch lies. How many games have you won?"

"All of them haven't lost one." I look at him. He was glaring at me. 

"I don't care what you think of me. If you hate me you do. If you have a problem say it. Just get over it I am female so what?" I change then go out. When I showed up on the field everyone looked at me. Coach Meyer came over to me. 

"Thank you for coming Alex it is a honor for you to be here. I hope no one is giving you any trouble. "

"No not at all. I'm ready to start." Everyone comes out and we all introduce ourselves and then we start practice. I go over to the quarterback J.T. Barrett. 

"Hey you must be Alex." 

"Yeah you must be J.T." He laughed at me. 

"You got sass." I smile at him. We start to go through drills, by the end of the practice most of the guys were dying but I was standing there. 

"How are you not dying?" asks Kevin. The guy who first notice me.

"This is kind of easy compared to my practice."

"Who is your coach?"

"My dad. Over there." I point to my dad. They walk over to him.

"How hard is are your practices?" My dad frowned at them. 

"Why?"

"Because your daughter is fine and we are dying." 

"Well I make them run for about five minutes then we stretch. After that we do drills for about two hours then we do suicides then after that I make them stretch again. Then they go home." 

"Wow you guys do more then any of us." I look at them.

"That's actually pretty easy for us." After that we toured the campus we went back to the room. 

"So how did you like it?" asks my dad.

"I like it, I didn't know that a lot of people knew who I was? It was pretty surprising. Did you know?" 

"I knew that ESPN wanted to do an interview with you but I told them after football season. It was hard to believe that my little girl was becoming famous for playing the sport she loves. I don't want this to go to your head. I know it won't but you have made such an impact on football. You are telling all the other little girls that you can do anything. I am so very proud of you." I hug my dad, today was a pretty good day. I think I might like it here. 

*************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long but I hope you enjoy it! I would like everyone to help me. I don't know if I want to do the Watty's I need some input. Thank you so much