Chapter 33: Play Offs

It was a Friday morning. It was the Play Offs. I was nervous. This game was the ticket to the championship. I couldn't let my team down, hell I couldn't even let my town down. They all were counting on us. I could hear the guys downstairs laughing. I was already ready but I wasn't ready to go downstairs just yet. I needed to get my focus on the game.  I had my headphones in and was listening to my pump up songs. Today was going to be the first game back.  I stood up and looked in my full body mirror. I had to get a new jersey because my other one was ripped.  I had that jersey hanging up on my wall. It was a reminder that I can get through anything. 

"Alex? You coming down?" 

"Yeah." I turned my music off and put my headphones in my backpack. I headed downstairs. I don't know why I was so nervous. We were the top in our league. 

"DAMN ALEX YOU LOOK GOOD!" yells Brandon and Levi. I just smiled.

"Stop it. I'm just wearing jeans and our jersey." 

"Yeah but you look fine!" I heard a low growl and looked up at Ashton. He was glaring at the guys. 

"Sorry Ash." Ashton comes up behind them both and slaps the back of their heads. 

"OW! We just complimented her."

"You both were full on checking her out." I roll my eyes. Ashton had always been protective of any of the his girlfriends like that. Even if that girlfriend had a best guy friend for years. 

"It's okay Ash." I put my hand on his arm. He looks down at me and smiles. It was hard for him to not be protective because his last girlfriend before me told him not to worry about it and turned out she was cheating on him. I remember that time perfectly fine.

*****Flashback*****

I remember it being a nice evening and it was kind of raining outside. All of us except for Ashton had been here. We were having a movie night. It had been a month after I found Derek sleeping with Amanda. My phone started to ring. 

"Hello?"

"Alex?" I heard his voice crack. 

"Ash? What's wrong?" 

"C-Can I come over?" 

"Of course." He hangs up.  I stop the movie and start to pace. Someone hurt one of my boys. Who was it and why? I heard the door opening. I ran to the door and saw Ashton standing there wet and his eyes were puffy. 

"Ash?" He looks up and gives me a hug. I rub his back with my hand. Even though all the guys tower over me, I could still hold them. I wasn't that short. I was 5'11. He kept crying into my neck. 

"Ash you have to tell me what's going on for me to help you man."  He moves his head so I can see him. 

"She was cheating on me the whole time." My anger instantly went up. I looked at him. 

"What?" 

"I walked in on her and him kissing. I asked her for how long. She said the whole time. The only reason she wanted me was for the popularity." I took him to the living room and I put him there.

"I'm going to get your favorite stuff and I'll be back. Put in the movie." I told everyone. It was time to get pay back. The whole school knows if you mess with our group that it was going to be hell. I got in my car and drove over to her house.  Walking up the sidewalk I banged on her door. She opened it and I shoved her back.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?! Being dumb whore! Ashton did nothing wrong! He gave you his all and did everything for you! You fucking piece of human shit! How could you do this to him!?" I yell. She had been backing up into a wall.