Chapter 2: good job.....not

"Alex" poke "Alex" poke "Alex"
"Go away."
"But daddy said time to wake up." I look into my brother's beautiful brown eyes.
"Okay fine I'm up." He smiled. My little brother Jonathan or I call him little Jon. He is my whole world. But the bad thing he is battling cancer. He is one tough cookie I'll tell you that.
"Are you going to play with me after practice?"
"Yes little Jon I will." He left the room so I could change. I put on my shirt it said 'I don't sweat I sparkle.' It was my favorite shirt. I put shorts on that I made. I put in my black and green Nike airs.
"Waffles!" I hear little Jon scream.
"Coming!" I am running down the stairs when I trip and fall. Waiting for the impact it never came. I look up to see chocolate brown eyes.
"Hey beautiful falling for me?"
"In your dreams Drake." I get up and walk to the table. My dad turned around and put 6 waffles in my plate.
"Good morning sweetie."
"Morning daddy." I say with my mouth full. He just laughed.
"Honey were HOME!"
"In here guys dad made waffles." It was the rest of the guys. Every time before game day the come over for waffles and we spend after practice together. As we all are stuffing our faces little Jon was laughing at something Brandon said. Let me tell you a little more about my friends. Brandon is the talkative type he likes to make everyone laugh. Drake is the protective one, he will stand in front of a bullet for a random stranger. Levi is the smart one, if you need help on homework you call him. Ashton is the silent one, the few words he does speak is either really funny or really wise. And me I'm just the good looking one with the brains and the athletic abilities. I'm kidding I don't know how to describe myself. Well let's get back on track. We were done with our breakfast and started to head out to our cars.
"Drake where is your truck?"
"In the shop can I ride with you?"
"Yeah get in." He got in the passengers seat. When we were on our way to school he didn't talk.
"Drake what's going on?"
"Hmm what?"
"You aren't talking what's on your mind?"
"A girl. That's all."
"Wow she much be some girl to have you speechless."
"You have no idea. I'm crazy about her. She is amazing."
"Oh well I'm glad for you any girl would be lucky to have you." I smile still thinking who is this girl?
I pull up to my parking spot in the front where the seniors park. You got your usual high schoolers. The cheerleaders are with the jocks. The nerds or geeks with each other. The barbies with bimbos. The bad boys by themselves. Last but not least the loners. I am with my guys and that's all I need. No one is allowed in our group. If one of us gets in a relationship the other person is not allowed to sit with us or be with us. It may sound harsh but we don't want drama. The one guy I did bring into the group turned out to be a major jerk face. He cheated on me with my best girl friend. I look around the parking lot to see everyone in their groups.
"Brandi-poo! I missed you so much!" Some bimbo said trying to run in her heels.
"Ugh hi Amber?" He looks at us for help.
"I missed you so much baby." Then she smashes her lips on him. It looked like he was getting his face sucked off. He pushed her off.
"Uh Amber I got to go."
"No you don't." Oh hold up. Nope I'm done now.
"Um excuse me Amber is it? Yeah I'm going tell you something. You won't ever talk to him or even think about him or even look at him. Do we understand?" I look at her and she smirked.
"Jealous much?" That's when we all started to laugh.
"Oh man your hilarious. But no I'm serious he is my brother now buh-bye." She was getting ready to hit me when I grabbed her hand.
"No no sweetie." That's when I walked away. I could hear her yelling not nice words at me.
"Thanks Alex. I have been meaning to get rid of her." Yes some of them were man whores but they knew that I wouldn't do anything with them. When I get to my locker there is someone standing there. It is Trey.
"Excuse me you are on my locker." He moves and smirks at me. I bend down to get my books when I feel someone grab my butt. I whip around and Trey smashes his lips on mine. At first I'm shocked then I react by pushing him away. I slap his face.
"You didn't like that?" I was getting ready to same something when I hear a low growl behind me.
"What do you think you did was okay?" I see Drake clenching his fist then he put me behind himself.
"C'mon man I was just playing."
"No. You come near her again. You will regret it." Drake pulls me behind him. Then he takes me into an empty classroom.
"Did he hurt you? Do I need to hurt him. Do I need to get you something? Do I need to tell your dad to kick him off the team?"
"Drake! I'm fine no you don't need to do any of that." He looked at me.
"Your so beautiful when you are brave. No matter what happens you know how to keep yourself together."
I blush at what he says. Woah I blushed? This has never happened before. Every time one of the guys told me I was beautiful I never blush now I am.
"Alex I just wanted to tell you that-" riiiinnnnnngggggg
Fricking bell.
"I'll tell you later." I went through the day without any troubles thank god for that. When I got to lunch Drake already had my lunch for me.
"You didn't have to get my lunch."
"I wanted to."
I smiled at him. Why was he acting so nice towards me? I was eating when I feel like someone staring at me. I look up to see Trey looking at me. He smirked. I continue through the day with no problems. Drake and I were walking towards the locker room. I walk in getting ready to change when I feel someone push me.
"Get out of my way O'Ryan." That's it.
"Trey! I'm done with your crap. You have done nothing helpful. So either help me out or deal with it on the field." I change into my football pants and pads go into the field. We did our warm ups then started to run plays.
"Okay one more play then y'all are done." I get in position.
"Down 42 down set hike!" I get ready to throw it then I'm tackled from behind. I get the wind knocked out of me. I'm on the ground.
"What the hell was that Trey!!!" I flip on my back.
"You told me to tackle her. Just because she is a girl won't mean I will take it easy on her."
"Yeah I know but doesn't mean you can tackle anyone from behind." My dad was fuming with anger. He always hated when people tackled from behind. That's how he messed up his back.
"Coach she isn't getting up." The whole team was around me.
"Alex. Alex can you hear me?"
"I'm good coach just need a breather." Then I got up. I walked to the locker rooms, I took all my clothes off and started the shower. I let the hot water calm my sore muscles.
"Dude when are you going to tell her?"
"I dunno, I might tonight." It was Brandon and Drake. I got out of the shower with the towel wrapped around my body.
"Hey guys!" They look at me and turn away.
"It's fine guys you can't see anything." I grab my sports bra and underwear and put them on under my towel.
"Shirt, pants, please" I say then they threw my clothes at me. I changed and went out to my car. Waiting for Drake to come out. I was playing Uno on my phone when I heard footsteps I look up to see Drake walking towards me. He was wear a t-shirt that cling to him. His hair was wet he look so handsome. I wanted to run my hands through his hair. Woah what?!
"Ready?"
"Uh um uh yeah." Get a hold of yourself. We get there in about 5 minutes.
"I'm home!"
"So are we!" I hear giggling.
"Alex! Come play!" I smile walking into the living room where I see the guys playing with his action figures with him. We play for about a couple hours. Little Jon fell asleep so Drake carried him up to his bed.
"How's he doing?"
"Not good the treatments are working very well. But he will get better I know he will." Dad comes home with pizza and we all are laughing and eating.
"Alex I don't feel good." It was little Jon, he was on the stairs.
"Come here buddy. Is it your tummy?" He nodded he started to jerk forward and I ran towards the downstairs bathroom. He puked, everything he had today was in the toilet. He started to cry.
"I know buddy I know shh. It's going to be okay." After he got done I took him upstairs and put a trash can by his bed.
"Is he okay?" I see Drake look at me. Then I lost it, I was sobbing and shaking.
"Shh baby it's ok trust me. He's a solider he will make it through." We stood there for about five minutes.
"C'mon lets go back." We walk back to the guys. They were all teary eyed. A couple hours later the guys left except for Drake.
"I need to tell you something." He looked at me scratching his neck. I smiled and nodded at him.
"Well um okay here I go. You know how we were talking about the girl earlier." I nodded.
"Who is she?" I ask eagerly.
"She is um she is."
"Spit it out Drake!"
"Okay. She is you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not hate me please!