Chapter 13: Just Stop

The week was going by fast, nothing really majorly happened. It was Thursday and I was not looking forward to all the guys at my house. It was that time of the month, again. Yes the perks of being a girl. I was in math class when I got a really bad cramp.

"Ugh!" I whisper yell to myself. 

"Hey? You alright Alex?" says Brandon. 

"No I'm not." He looks at me and I give him a look. Brandon eye's go wide. 

"Oh." 

"Yeah Oh." School was almost out. I just had one more hour. The bell rang and I walked to the door. I saw Ashton standing there smiling. 

"Hey beautiful."

"Hi." Ashton frowns at me. He looks over my shoulder to Brandon. 

"Aunt Flo is here dude." 

"Oh." I just shoot the guys glares. I'm not really mean during my period it's just I'm in pain. My last class was study hall. When I got in there I put my head down on the desk ready to fall asleep.

*Poke* "Alex?" *Poke* "Yo Alex?" 

"Dude I would not do that." I peek through my little hole. 

"What?" 

"Just wondering if you could help me on my English homework?" 

"Sure." I pulled a chair next to Trey. As I was helping Trey I could hear some girls whispering. 

"I heard she's cheating on Ashton. I mean why would you cheat on him? He is so hot!" 

"Right! I'm surprised that he kept her this long. I mean look at her." 

"I'm going to punch them." I whisper. Trey looks at me shocked. 

"Not you dork." I look at the girls behind us. 

"I got this." Trey gets up and walks behind me. 

"Hey ladies." They giggle. 

"Hi Trey." They both say. Their conversation was mostly him flirting with them. Then he says something that I will never believe it. 

"Alright girls, I know we were having fun but now I'm serious. Next time I hear that you or any of your friends are starting rumors about her I will literally tell everyone your secrets. And I know all your secrets and fears so don't mess with me? Now you tell all your friends. Understand me?" The girls nod in fear. 

"Trey, you didn't need to do that."

"Yes I did, I know that I haven't been so kind to you in the past but now I'm trying to make up for it." I smile at him, then we continue on his homework. After the final bell rings we all head to practice. When we get to the locker room Coach Lewis is watching me. Not the glimpsing type the full on stare. It was weird. I snuggled into Ashton's side. Ashton looks down at me. I smile at him. I make sure that I change behind the lockers where Coach Lewis can't see me. I just didn't get a good feeling about him. When I get out of the locker room Coach Lewis is standing there. I look around to see no one is there except me. I start to walk towards the field when Coach Lewis grabs my arm. 

"Alex? Can I talk to you? For a minute?"

"Uh."

"Great." He pulls me to the side.

"I want to tell you that, I um."

"Coach I really need to get to the field." 

"Just hold on. I am starting to develop feelings for you. I understand that I am 25 and you are 17. I think that if you dump Ashton, we could be together. I want you no wait I need to be with you. Just please give me a chance." I look at Coach Lewis. Did he really just say that? 

"I um need to go." I take my arm from his grasp and walk away. I couldn't get the way his eyes looked over my body. It wasn't love, it was lust. When I got up there my dad gave me a look. I rubbed my tummy. He nodded. When I got into formation all the guys looked at me.

"Cramps." After practice we walked to the locker room. 

"Um Ash? Can I talk to you."

"Sure."

"Can you wait in the locker room till I'm done showering please." He nods at me then looks at me worried. 

"Everything okay? Is there a guy on the team you're uncomfortable with?"

"What no!" Then he nods. I take a quick shower. When I get out I see Ashton on his phone. I change quickly and head out to the parking lot. 

"What's bothering you?" Ashton asks me.

"What nothing. It's just cramps are really hurting me." Ashton looks at me. I know that he knows I'm lying.

"Babe, tell me." I gulp and look at the ground. 

"C-Coach Lewis said he was in l-love with me." Ashton looks at me. I can tell he's confused then his eyes fill with anger. 

"WHAT?!" I cower back since he yelled. I look at him, Ashton is fuming with anger. 

"Ashton. I don't know what to do. I'm so scared." I was scared that Coach Lewis could ruin my chance with any college or just ruin me period. 

"We need to tell your dad." I look at him likes he's crazy.  

"What?"

"We can't handle this alone babe. Your dad will know what to do." He helps me in my truck. We arrive at my house and I see that Coach Lewis is here. 

"Ashton." I whisper. 

"I know." He wraps me in his arms. We both get out of the truck. I was shaking before we even got to the door. When we entered I saw my dad talking to Coach Lewis. 

"I'll go get your dad for you." I stand there in the living room. My dad comes in with a worried face. 

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"We need to talk outside." We walk outside. 

"Daddy, Coach Lewis talked to me before I went to the field. When he talked to me he said something I don't like. Daddy, he said that he was in love with me." 

I'll never forget the look on my dad's face.