Chapter 5

Alicia Clark.

Once I woke up Ofelia and my mom were back and they were asleep. Strand was sitting in the driver seat playing with a bracelet I've never noticed before.

Later on Ofelia and my mom head back out on a run. Me and Strand do to.

It's a gloomy day. Might rain.

After a while of walking we come up on a beach.

There is a shack. Probably food and drinks for the people who came here for vacation and after school fun.

We clear out the shack not much was in there but we did get a little bit of food and a couple of pops.

We start to walk off the beach. And then we are encountered with a dozen or so of infected. Unfortunately I did not bring my baseball bat.

"ALICIA WHERE IS YOUR BAT?"

He starts hitting the infected with the shovel he brought until they drop.

Then they start heading towards me. I look around for any type of weapon available. I spot a iron bar. Looks like it was some type of water distribution. I pull and pull and it starts to budge. Finally it disconnects from the other iron bars.

About five Infected are headed right toward me I swing the bar at their heads and I can hear their necks snap. Gross.

We end up getting a clearing on the beach and make it toward the road.

"I can't believe you didn't bring the stupid bat." Strand says disapprovingly.

I just keep walking. I don't know what to say. If it wasn't for him I'd be dead right now.

We make it back to the truck about two hours later and we are both covered in blood.

Might have been a good idea to hop in the water before we left the beach.

I'm breathing so heavily I can't walk anymore so I hop up on the back of the truck and lay down just to rest my eyes.