Chapter 19 : Friends Are For...

Chapter 19

I was searching for some ideas for the project. There were thousands of websites on this topic. But it didn't give the right information at the first click.

I heard the door bell ring from my room. It showed the sharpness of my ear during studies. I could hear each and every sound even if it was far away or faint. The credit goes to my concentration in studies.

"Api, Hassan bhai has come to collect some notes." Fara said in a weak tone from the door, knocking it. Her voice had yesterday's impact.

What notes did he want? Also when did he start studying? I could smell something fishy. I wondered.

"Ok I'm coming down." I semi yelled from my room and walked towards the window. I saw Hussain's car and a smile curved in my lips. Then I got my conscious that I was wearing pajamas. I ran to my wardrobe and took out the clothes. I put on a skirt and top. I put my hair in to a bun and covered it with a hijab.

I walked out of my room so fast that I didn't want any more call for me. I looked into the living from upstairs and saw Hassan drinking some soft drink and sitting comfortable in the sofa. I walked down the stairs and greeted him salaam. I realized that Ashi was here as I heard giggles from the kitchen.

"Aunty we have a group project. So we decided to meet up at café to complete project. Shama and shayan is waiting in the car. I came here to pick her. Can we?" Hassan said.

Yesterday he was absent. So how did he know it? Asked his friends? Not possible. He would ask them anything but not studies.

"Ok you may go. But reach home on time."

Anyone will wonder at mom's trust on us and also she had on all her friends kids too.

"Ok mom."

I got dressed and took my bag to head to his car. I got into the car where Shama and Shayan was already seated. I greeted them salaam. I saw that there had something between Shama and Shayan as their face shown it. This gave an awkward ride.

We reached at the café and saw Rizwi , Ragini and Tara waiting for us along with Hamza and Arif.

What was he doing here?

I greeted them and we walked to the café. Arif left us saying that he had his own business. We sat in a table of six.

So this was our group. Hassan, Hamza, Shayan, Rizwi, Tara and me. Shama and Ragini were in another group.

We ordered for a cappuccino and started discussing about the project. I ignored Hamza as he reminded me what happened yesterday. I was busy doing the work while I along with Rizwi went out to the washroom. I got a call from Hassan and came out of washroom.

"What do you want?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Favor? Ya Allah what am I hearing? Hassan Asif needs my favor" I said smirking.

"Twinzee, it's not funny."

"yeah. I know its not. It's a.." I was searching for the next word.

"Twinzee please." He made a face. I was laughing thinking that the one who always made fun of me was asking me a favor.

"okay. Okay. What favor?" I said controlling my laughter, showing some seriousness.

"Hamza wants to talk to you. Please" his words faded away my laughter and happiness present.

"Hassan, I don't want to talk to him. That's it" I said walking away.

"Please fareen. Just once please." He said coming behind me and I stopped.