Chapter 10 : Ring Ring...

Speak a good word OR Remain silent.
- Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Chapter - 10

Finding someone sleeping peacefully while I have to get ready and go to college made me jealous of them, and I couldn't tolerate seeing it. Also I was so helpless and lazy to go to college

Wearing a blue hijab and finding my not so little sister sleeping peacefully in my comfy bed, I was in the same state.

Gulping all my desires to sleep, I rushed out of the room grabbing my bag and phone.

Walking down the stairs in this house filled with silence, I headed towards the kitchen where mom was filling my lunch box. She raised her gaze to me and shifted it back.

"Ya Allah! Did the sun rose in the west today?" she said sarcastically.

"Mom" I whined and she said, "or am I dreaming?"

"Mom, I sometimes skips my breakfast during holidays. But you are saying like I always skipped my breakfast from the day I was born" I said sitting on the chair.

"So its real. Alhamdulillah" she said and I shook my head unable to handle this drama.

Further talks were not there as her mission in provoking me to respond failed.

Being eighteen or above in India, we can get driving license. I have got mine long ago but mom doesn't allow me to ride scooter to the college as she was worried for the people that I will hit. As car was Papa's life , he didn't allow even to touch the steering, so don't even think to drive it.

So I was in process or more like a mission in convincing and requesting them, that I can ride to the college and can evade from the thickly filled bus.

"Rinna. I can't even think about the person getting hit by you. Ya Allah"

She is more worried for that unknown person than her own daughter.

"Mom please" I pleaded for her mercy.

"Okay fine"

Finally yaaaay.

I was mentally dancing around and jumping up with happiness.

Convincing parents was not easy especially, Desi parents they find one or the other reason for hindrance.

"But," she spoke as a threat to my hope and said,"you can take it after Fara joins the college."

"Mom"

"Its final, Rinna"

"Okay" I mumbled eating the last piece of roti mixed with green peas masala.

At last, I was happy with the decision because I can ride to college after two months when Fara joins the college.

Running late for bus, reaching late at college, 'no attendance' of teachers was going to be over soon.

Thinking about it, I sighed in relief walking towards my class. Everyone seemed to be blabbering about the holidays to their friends.

Walking through the corridors, I heard someone calling me and stopped in my tracks to turn around. It was none other than Tara.

"Hey Paru" she waved her hands and I waved back with a smile saying, "Hai".