Chapter 15- Tyrian Double Headed Storm Dragon

Chapter 15-Tyrian Double Headed Storm Dragon

"How is a drawing supposed to help you achieve Harmonization? Plus, what the heck is yin and yang?"

Although the drawing had a certain charm emitting from it, at the end of the day, it was merely a drawing. This whole darkness and light thing did not really change anything either. V needed answers.

"It's not necessarily the drawing itself but what it represents. Listen carefully.

Yin and Yang: Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition it is unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves it becomes yin and yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. This forces both halves to chase after each other as they seek a new balance with each other.

The word Yin basically means 'shady side' and Yang 'sunny side'.

Yin Yang is the concept of duality forming a whole. We encounter examples of Yin and Yang every day. Here are some more examples: night (Yin) and day (Yang), female (Yin) and male (Yang). Over thousands of years, quite a bit has been sorted and grouped under various Yin Yang classification systems.

The symbol for Yin Yang is called the taijitu. Some people just call it the yin yang symbol. The taijitu symbol has been found in more than one culture and over the years has come to represent a religion called Taoism."

V was quiet. This was too profound for her to understand. She was very intelligent, but she was still young. She understood most of what Bastian said but still didn't get how it was relevant here. Bastian realized this and sighed.

"Look, I'll make this simple for you. Imagine water as yin and fire as yang. According to the taijitu opposites always contain a bit of the other force. Yang has a bit of yin and yin has a bit of yang.

An example is day and night, night goes on and flows into becoming day and day goes into becoming night right? Neither can stand by itself. One needs the other to come into existence. Only then can order come true.

Fire and water are opposing forces. But that is only because we see them as singular! What if we think of them as two halves of a whole with each half containing a bit of the other?"

V heard Bastian's monologue, and frankly, she thought it was nonsense, it sounded pretty and all but it didn't sound logical.

"OK mister genius. Why don't you tell me, what happens when you mix fire and water? There is no such thing!" said V with confidence.

"Why don't you wait and find out?" said Bastian, with grin on his face.

He sat down cross legged and started pulling in world energy. V stood on and watched, ready to mock his futile attempts.

As soon as Bastian took in two flakes of fire and water World Energy, he took some of his Soul Force and split it into four parts. Then he used two of those parts to isolate a small part of both the fire and water flakes. These little isolated bits were perfectly circular, and then he forcefully transplanted them into their counterparts.

This won't hold for long, I have to hurry.

He took the third part of his soul force and created fence around both flakes. At the same time he, used the fourth part of his soul force to create an inverted 'S' like boundary between both flakes. The fence sealed the two flakes together. Creating a three dimensional cylinder-like taijitu!

Bastian then spent the next few hours trying to get the shape as perfect as possible. At the beginning nothing happened, leading to Bastian feeling discontent.