Battlefront 2

The streets of Yani City were abandoned for the city was under siege. The usual hustle and bustle of the markets, the shouting and cursing from the arena and the footsteps of civilians were now like ghosts of memories past. No one would have accepted that this was a previously active peak C-class city. Repeated attacks from previous years had taught them many a painful lesson, especially when it came to evacuation procedures. The entire city had been safely evacuated to a large underground bunker by the Dwight family members.

As the de facto leaders of the city, they had the ability to mobilise all city resources under them. The troops provided by the Yorks made sure the civilians followed the orders and kept the peace while the Cole provided provisions. The large bunker was under the stewardship of the Oxlade family.

At an intersection, in one of the richest districts in the city, an area considered just outside the Dwight family compound, stood a relaxed Guy, looking at the sky. He seemed as if was alone on these empty streets, but things were not quite what they seemed.

Swoosh!

A silhouette flashed beneath his feet.

"Sir, the Dwight compound is 70 per cent secure! Tino and her sisters have managed to prevent those on the frontlines from discovering anything! Within an hour, we should be through clearing out the remnants!"

Guy rubbed his short blonde hair and smiled. Everything was going according to Bastian's plan. Each of the war council members had been given specific orders to follow by Bastian, and Guy had his. He set his eyes toward the direction of the Dwight compound.

'As expected of Tino. We are conducting a slaughter, there should be smoke plumes and sounds of battle all around us but her sisters have set up an airtight bewilderment formation...'

The civilians had been evacuated, but there were things within the compound that could not be moved, not to mention that the shifty Cole family was pointing at the backs of the three aristocratic families.

Hence All three had to leave behind guards while they send a combined punitive force to attack the Cole family compound. Guy was Bastian's spear, his duty was to wipe out the Clan headquarters and regroup with General Moto.

'That old codger looks quite experienced. This should be an amusing battle.'

Guy had quite the intuition. He looked down and saw a rather pensive expression on his subordinate. His smile broadened as he said, "You think we attacked the wrong compound first didn't you?"

The subordinate was embarrassed, but Guy did allow for light conversation and inquisitiveness. Hence the subordinate spoke his thoughts.

"Milord, The York forces are more than twice that of the other families, since they are the greatest threat, why not take them out first? Why are we making the Dwights and Oxlades our initial targets?"

The Dwight family were leaders mainly due to Bhasera's martial might, but in terms of numbers of Teachers and Scholars, being the military force of the city, the Yorks were nothing to scoff at.

Guy ruffled his hair and crossed his arms, " Under normal circumstances what you have said makes sense, but this situation is different. You are thinking two steps ahead, but it seems Bastian is thinking ten, and he has quite the confidence in his gambit. How long until the front lines notice something is up and they send reinforcements?"

"Reporting to Milord! We estimate that reinforcements will only arrive half an hour at best. What are your orders, Milord?"

Guy looked toward the northwest direction and said, "Good. Tino and most of her sisters should be focused on isolating the York Compound from the world. Until we are done we won't get interrupted by them. You are young elites from The Great Thunder Tiger Empire. This is a small city in the middle of nowhere! I expect no casualties! I'm going to visit the second target. Once I'm done, we'll proceed to the third target together."