Qilin Fortune Courtyard

Quick Author's Note before continuing the story:

 Sorry for not posting for a while. I've been having a lot of financial problems. Here in Zimbabwe life is becoming very tough. A loaf of bread costs 1 us dollar. So you can imagine how much everything else costs. Thankfully I have had support from my friends and family. But it's still a bit difficult for me to write a lot. So for now I will be posting 3 chapters a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Thankfully wattpad now has a timer which has made this possible. 

For those who donate on my payapal (iamderelikt@gmail.com), I will release extra chapters the next day on wattpad and shout you out like I used to, no matter the time, because I have been working on future chaps. I have a Google Drive for patrons for my Patreon where you can get access to chapters early so for more information on that you can go to my Patreon (patreon.com/theonionjunktion)

Speaking of patrons a special shout out to my patrons from my other novel Solitary Sword Sovereign that I have worked on: Claro Reyes, Jake Edwards, Mahkshum Akhmedov, Bald Taoist, Ms Soarez and Skyler Hicks!

it is thanks to their kindness and patience that I am able to even afford wifi to come online and post, so thank you to them!

The google drive is 10 chapters ahead so go ahead to my patrreon is you want more, or you can wait and read them here on wattpad! Thank you for reading my novel. I appreciate every vote, comment and message from my readers. Anyone writing their own fantasy novel and wants a shout out go ahead and vote and then comment on this chapter with the title of your book. I will shout out the first twenty so go ahead and feel free!

Now then, back to Bastian and his adventure!

...

"Are we late? What's going on? Wasn't Moto supposed to isolate these guys? Why are they already dead?" All the corpses belonged to the black-clothed intruders. None were Cole Family Guards, at least not in this Qilin Fortune Courtyard.

"We are actually early, by about 80 or so seconds."

Sula found Bastian's words to be absurd. They had been walking for quite some time while talking. Bastian also had to maintain and control the Homeostatic Seal, the large super matrix that covered most of her compound.

'Now he claims to be counting the time right down to the second, absurd!'

Sula had no idea how powerful Bastian's mental capabilities were, especially his parallel processing. His strong Soul and usage of the Medici Matrix had made tasks such as continuously keeping track of time child's play for him.

The trio reached a small clearing in the middle of the courtyard with rubble distributed around it. Sula looked around with a frown on her face.

'The Qilin Fountain that was here has been destroyed. To think our home has been reduced to such a state.'

Sula's heart burned with fury as she looked at the state of her home. She had spent almost a decade in this place. For her, it was her sanctuary, her home. Now, it was covered in pebbles and blood. She subconsciously clenched her fists until some blood started to leak out of her fist. Small drops of red blood dripped onto the derelict ground.

Her state did not escape Phantasma and Bastian. Phantasma's life constantly revolved around war and espionage, so she was unfazed. Bastian pitied her, but it only lasted a moment. How many lives had she taken in the Western Deserts? There were no villains or heroes in war as far as he was concerned; only victors and losers, enemies and allies.