Plain Doll x Reader ~A Good Dream~ (Bloodborne)

Harvest echoes. Return. Get stronger.

This consistent cycle of going in between the nightmarish world of Yharnam and the hunter's dream was starting to wear on (y/n)'s body and her nerves. Constant screaming and out of body experiences will do that to a person, Y'know?

The tired hunter found a seat on a nearby gravestone and planted her butt on the cold rock, hips aching from running so much. She pulled her weapons from their holsters and examined them. Her gun was unscathed, but her saw blade needed repairs badly, the chips in the blade reflecting her last few major battles. Question was, would she have enough echoes to repair it 'and' train her skills more...?

Pulling her out of her thoughts, a lone soul tugged at her pant leg and she looked up, smiling a little. "Hmm? What is it, little one?" (Y/n) asked.

The tiny being pointed up near the side of the church and moaned in only what she could assume was it telling her to "go up there."

She rose from her seat, tailcoat falling to full length and flowing as she walked up the path lined with chalice altars. 'Still haven't found any...damnit...' She thought, glaring at the headstones. (...I really haven't. XP )

Besides the lack of said artifacts, this haven in a haze really wasn't that bad of a place. The flowers that weren't dead were beautiful, and all was nice and quiet to regather yourself before waking back to the turmoil of reality. 'Reality, heh. Like it was any less chaotic now than it was back then...' But still, it was away from it, nonetheless. However, it did get a tad bit...

The soul appeared out of the ground in front of her, drawing her attention back up and reminded her of why it really wasn't all that 'lonely'. The doll rested against the gravestone in front of (y/n), head dropped down in sleep. Giggling, she knelt down and brushed her fingers down the side of her cap lightly. "Again? This spot must be a little more comfortable than I thought."  The soul laughed in response.

Her fragile face always held an air of peace for (y/n), a sort of assurance, since she was use to first laying eyes on her when she came into the dream. And so use to being calmed by her gentle voice, so different from all the harsh tones which invade her ears in the waking world. Secretly, she wondered about how many male hunters felt the same as she did... But brushed it off as Doll began to stir.

Seeing (y/n), she smiled instantly. "Welcome home, good hunter." Doll greeted, yawning and rubbing her eyes. (Y/n) extended a hand up to her. "And a good morning to you, my dear." The doll placed her hand in (y/n)'s and stood to a height slightly above the hunters' own.

"Are you in need of more channeling?" She asked her, tilting her head. (Y/n) shook her head and walked with her back down the path. She sat back on a tombstone nearest where the doll took her place in front of the church. "I'm very tired, actually... Just a rest for me this visit 'round."

Doll hummed. "I see. You have been so very busy training, though...I fear for your health." She reached over and put her cold hand over (y/n)s' gloved one.

(Y/n) felt herself blushing a little as she looked at her tiny hand, then up at Doll. She smiled and put her other hand over the porcelain one, being careful not to be rough and pull her arm. "A kind soul like yours I never can find out there, you know?" Her head nodded over to the headstone she would use to exit the dream.

"Hmm, yes. But you are kind too..." The doll's eyes drifted down to her hands, and she stopped mid-sentence. (Y/n) noticed this and followed her eyes. Her gloves-no, her clothes-were drenched in blood. And she'd gotten some on Doll.

"Oh no. I..." She pulled her hands away and stood, looking down at her soiled garb. "I am so sor-" A finger was put to her lips-a blood covered one.

Doll smiled and took her hand away, bringing a handkerchief up and dabbing where she'd touched. "I will launder your clothes for you."

(Y/n) found herself blushing madly and stiffening up as the taller female began to work on the buttons of the good hunters' jacket, unsnapping each and then sliding it from her shoulders. "O-oh, Doll... You don't have to..." The hunter found her voice and sighed.

"It is my purpose to assist hunters in the dream. Please." The doll's eyes were soft and full of care, yet stern, full of resolve. Almost like a mother's. "Let me serve my purpose." She smiled and folded her coat over her arm, walking over to one of the many small pools, her bloodstained hand draped over it protectively.

(Y/n) couldn't even find words right now for what she was feeling. No one had ever treated the hunter with this much kindness. Well, maybe Alfred might, but that's another story... He creeped her out anyway...

Doll came back and removed (y/n)'s hat, freeing what hair she had tucked up into it, the (h/c) locks feeling soaked with sweat against the cold dead air. (Y/n) looked over her shoulder and saw doll pull something out of her coat: a brush. "What... What are you doing-?"

The plain doll ran the bristles through her hair, a sensation that was both long-since-forgotten and missed dearly, and shushed her. "If you do not mind... I have wanted to see what real hair felt like. And others have told me that the brushing of ones' hair relaxes."

(Y/n) sighed, deciding to let her have her fun, but savored the truth about it being fairly relaxing to have her disheveled hair straightened out for once. She closed her (e/c) eyes, but peeked one open to see the dolls' bloodied hand rest on one of her shoulders. "I hope this at least helps. You are so very tense."

Smiling warmly, she put her hand over dolls'. The outside world was so cold and filled with hate, but, right now, the hunter felt so warm. It was almost enough to put one to sleep...

Doll stopped when she heard a light snoring sound coming from (y/n). She walked around and saw that she was snoozing lightly. The taller woman knelt down and brushed her hand over her hunters' cheek, smiling when the corners of the hunters' mouth twitched as if she was about to smile.

The soul from before glided over to the dolls' side. "She must be having a good dream, no?" Doll said.

She took off her shawl and draped it over (y/n)'s shoulders, leaning down and kissing the top of her head. "Rest well, my good hunter..."

A/N; Whoo! Done with this one. :3
I don't know how many of you guys actually play this game, but if you do, you all know that the plain doll is waifu material 100%. My other wife from that game is Eileen, which I'm hoping to have one of these bad daddy's up for soon. Bloody good fun, that's what I call this. :3

Leave some comments and tell me how I did? Thank you!

~ P. F.