His Scorned Guardian - Fikrul x Female!Guardian (Destiny 2) Part One

A/N: This story does have themes of betrayal in it. I don't really know if that's something I should put up a warning for, but I do suppose some people could be sensitive to it - so here's the warning. Shit goes down. Next parts will be NSFW, by the way - there's another warning. Enjoy! 

Being too nice can, and will, get you put on ice. Or, in rare cases, others.

It was a normal match of Gambit Prime. The Collector was banking motes as quickly as possible, always finding her way back to the heels of the Reaper. The Invader was granting the two as much time as she could afford them, to bank their motes and get their Primeval up, as possible, and the Sentry was guarding the bank. Everything was going smoothly, until...

'Invader inbound!'

Everyone's nerves were set on edge upon hearing the Drifter's comm announcement. There was now an enemy Invader in their arena. The Sentry readied his sniper rifle, swiveling back and forth looking for the discernable flash of red that would cast an aura around the Invader. A shot rang out and he whipped around just in time to see the Reaper hit the ground. Damnit! The bastard was quick! He looked downscope again as their team's Invader appeared back in their arena. She, however, went down not two seconds after landing on the ground, another shot from the unseen Invader hitting her in the back. The Sentry looked quickly through his sniper scope. He'd only just missed seeing them, the residue blink waves left from a Warlock, so he knew what kind of guardian he was dealing with now.

The Sentry looked back towards where the only standing member besides him was. The Collector was looking around, scared out of her wits, and carrying the last chunk of motes they would need to summon the Primeval. A round of sniper fire hit the ground by her feet, sending her toppling over to the side with a yelp and her scout rifle out of reach. The Sentry went to grab her hand and help her up when he was suddenly tackled to the ground by someone. That someone was the Invader, who quickly dispatched the Collector with a hand cannon round. The Sentry watched as all her collected motes were lost in a flourish of light, the motes springing from her body as it hit the ground. Before he could get himself turned around in the Invader's grasp, the Sentry felt the barrel of the hand cannon against his temple. The sound of the weapon discharging filled his ears, then he, along with the enemy Invader soon after, were gone.

They lost the single round of Gambit Prime because of this. Just like that, their team was less infamous, and they were all pissed. Especially the Sentry. He would have to work harder now to keep his place on his Gambit team. Work to earn their trust back. It wouldn't be easy, and it was all that Invader Warlock's fault.

On the opposing team, the Warlock and her team of three Hunters were celebrating their nearly flawless victory. Just as the invading guardian had gotten back, she had flew up and into the air, cast her super, and decimated the Primeval while it was on its last legs. Their victory was announced, and now the four were at a restaurant in the Last City. The Hunters were bragging on their own abilities during the match, but kept coming back to their Invader.

"How do you do it?" One Hunter inquired. "I could never imagine aiming my gun at another guardian and pulling the trigger with no hesitation like that."

Now, at first glance anywhere out of the Crucible or Gambit, this Warlock looked as if she wouldn't be caught dead doing just that. The woman had a soft, kind face. One that you would expect to see behind the cover of a book, researching in the Tower's library, or even on the body of a daycare worker for children. She was soft-spoken, modest, and liked to think that she contributed to every activity she helped with as a member of a team equally, which she always did, but didn't like to brag.

"Oh, you know." She began. "It's just part of playing the game, I suppose. You have to be quick on your feet and spry of wit when compromised."

"Don't listen to her, man. She's too modest." One Hunter chimed in. She was one that wasn't just on the Warlock's Gambit team as the Reaper, but her own Fireteam, as well.