xiii. don't touch me i'm scared

It'll be our little secret

It'll be our little secret. . .

Spencer tried to push the thoughts away as he walked down the familiar trail. Between the low crickets humming and the sound of leaves rustling in the distance, he could only hear a familiar voice, her voice, whispering to him—careful not to wake their parents.

"God, I love this lotion. It smells good and it makes my skin feel so soft." Amy exclaimed. She stood in front of her mirror in her undergarments with the sheerest robe—rubbing a lilac lotion onto her arms. She bent over and began rubbing it onto her legs.

"Here, feel." She said after a moment. When she walked toward him, he closed the yearbook of hers he was looking through. She propped her slim leg on the edge of the bed and arched her knee. The robe parted and her sunkissed thigh was revealed. Spencer gave her a tentative look. Amy rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand.

Spencer fought back a giggle. Not necessarily because the situation was funny, but more because he didn't know how to react.

She ran his hand across her skin. Going back and forth slowly. He followed her motion after a moment. Amy smiled at the surprised look on his face. It was soft!

Spencer quietly stood in the dim hallway, peeking through the small crack in the door.

She carefully ran his hand higher.

He watched Amy silently run soap on her arms in the bathroom. The white tub was filled with bubbly water.

Amy's bedroom door suddenly flew open and Spencer jerked his hand out of Amy's.

Amy turned when she felt someone's eyes on her.

Their mother stood, her hairs in her large curlers, dressed in her robe and slippers—a cigarette in hand. She glared at Amy when she noticed her exposed body. Her cold eyes surveyed the obvious scene.

With a sour expression, she slid her cold gaze to a blushing Spencer. "Well, I suppose you want to rape your sister now, don't you Spencer?"

Spencer stared at his mother with wide eyes. Confused on what 'rape' was, and why it sounded so foul the way his mother spat it.

"You've seen her body now." June slanted Amy another glare. Disgust twisted her aging features. She jerked her cold gaze back to Spencer and glared. "Do I need to start locking you up in the basement?"

Spencer swallowed.

"N-no, ma'am . . ."

He shrunk under her scrutiny.

Her scowl didn't seem to let up, so Spencer stayed absolutely silent. "Didn't I tell you to clean the kitchen an hour ago?" she suddenly asked. Her free hand curled around her waist and she propped her cigarette-holding elbow on her wrist.