vii. girl you're drunk

F R I D A Y

F R I D A Y

"What're we doing here?" Kaleb asked as they park on the dark street of a random neighborhood.

"Hell if I know," Spencer grumbled. "All Colton said was to meet him here."

"Why couldn't we just drive with him and the others?" When Kaleb eyed Spencer after a moment, he nodded with realization. "Right, your guys' little pissing contest." Spencer glared at him in the dark car. "Why do you hate him so much?"

"I don't hate him."

Kaleb's brows rose. "Uh-huh," he said in a scoffing tone. "Your a lot of things, Spencer, but a good lier isn't one of them."

Spencer peered at the road with a vacant gleam in his eyes. His face impassive. "I just hate when people tell me what to do." It was degrading.

"Look, I know it's annoying, but that's just the way things are. No point in getting annoyed over something you can't change."

Maybe he could, Spencer thought to himself as he absently gripped the steering wheel tightly. His knuckles turned white.

"You guys keep butting heads the way you do and someone's gonna get hurt," Kaleb muttered when he noticed Colton's car pull up in front of them.

"Why're we here?" Ashton asked from the backseat. Smoke from the joint Colton and Tyler passed back and forth filled the air.

"Let me guess," Tyler began as he took a long drag, a low hissing sound mixing with the quiet music playing on the car speakers, "Taylor must be here."

When Colton didn't deny and only took the keys out of the ignition, shut the engine off, Tyler shook his head. Blowing smoke out of his nose before taking another hit. "Dude, seriously? She dumped your ass. Get over it."

"I am over it." Colton hissed defensively.

"So then why are we following your ex?" Tyler asked in an inscrutable tone.

Colton glowered but said nothing. Only held Tyler's vexing glare. Before either could say anything, Ashton moved between them and pointed. "That's why." He explained as a group of girls emerged from a car parked down on the other side of the road ahead of them. Tyler grinned in approval and their previous glaring contest was all but forgotten.

"Let's go, boys," Colton smirked.

They filed out of the car as Spencer and Kaleb slammed their doors shut. Without a word, Spencer stalked ahead from the rest. Tyler went up to Kalebs side and offered him the joint, to which he happily took. "What's his deal?" he asked with a frown. Kaleb simply shrugged as he took a hit.

"Hey, Colton," Ashton began as he pulled his brother aside, "do you mind if I borrow the car for a bit?"

"What for?" Colton asked.