[ Enigma ] (intro chap)

"Everyone we're under attack!" Erza had shouted commands at everybody. Every wizard got into a battle stance, prepared for the sudden emergency. Each person rose up their hands, with their magic coming off from it, trying to intimidate the enemy.

Yuko and Natsu stood back to back with each other, one determined and the other slightly nervous. Natsu grew fire underneath his hands and pushed off the ground--landing onto several enemies. Yuko mumbled a slight curse towards Natsu. She then got to the battle as well.

Pushing many enemies with her spacial magic, Yuko gave it her all--as did many others. Gray was shooting everyone towards a tree with his ice make--or just freezing them over all. Juvia was doing what she could with water. Levy was, unsurprisingly, sitting on Gajeel's shoulders and shouting commands at him--with him fighting for the both of them. 

Yuko continued to fight, swooping underneath legs, blocking fists, jumping away from magical attacks--until something got her. A black cloud of magic, no bigger than happy, moved towards her with great speed. When it swarmed her, she let out a pained yelp. 

Buzzing with static and shocks, the cloud planted itself on her skin. Yuko fell to her knees. Everyone around her gave out worried looks, until Freed jumped towards Yuko. 

His eyes were hard, as he quickly grabbed Yuko and leaped towards a small clearing, away from the battle. Natsu tensed, and looked back. The pyromaniac was about to go for Yuko, but an attacker blocked his path. Natsu growled. 

Freed smirked, but as he looked back to Yuko--his smile vanished. 

The poor girl's head was laid numbly on the floor, with her mouth open and eyes wide. Black electric shocks were stapled to her skin, making her gasp and grunt. Yuko's small hands gripped the dirt floor. 

The green haired male paled, he didn't know what to do. He wasn't a healer. But maybe.. somehow, he could do something. Quickly grabbing his sword, he stabbed it into the air above Yuko and yelled, "Dark Écriture: Dispose!"

A light surrounded the girl, and before Freed's eyes--the black design disappeared. "Thank goodness," he breathed. 

(A snort was heard, but Freed decided to ignore it.)

Unfortunately, Yuko's eyes were closed, and sweat dripped off of her forehead. Freed leaned down and put his ear near her mouth, heavy breaths were all that he heard. 

"T-Thank.. you.."

-

Natsu's mind was out of control. 

H-His--his...

Friend, was hurt. 

And since his friend was hurt, he was hurt. 

And if they were both hurt, maybe he could stop it if they were near each other. Maybe the pain would lesson if.. if--

"Hey, Block head!" A voice snapped his out of his thoughts. Ice surrounded his vision, as an attacker was thrown out of his way. 

Gray, that idiotic bastard, had saved him. "T-Thanks!" Natsu yelled over the guild's battle. 

"Whatever," Gray rolled his eyes. "Get to Yuko, idiot."

Natsu's eyes widened, but he soon nodded his head with a smile, and dashed towards to where Freed and Yuko were (behind some bushes).

By the time he was at a clear distance, he inched towards Yuko--and when he was close enough a light appeared, about the same time as Freed when he uttered this dumb enchantment. 

(Okay listen alright. The setting is like this: Freed and Yuko are in a small clearing and there are bushes everywhere around them. Natsu is in one of those bushes. He didn't want to intervene b/c he was like yknow what ima just not bother them and do my own thing// or whatever.)

"Thank goodness."

Natsu snorted. 

--

"Well, looked like it's gone huh..?"

A shadowed figure stepped into the scene. (No really, he's just made up of some shadows. Idk maybe solidified shadows, who knows really//)

Freed looked up at the intruder with startled eyes. He quickly picked up his weapon and aimed it at his enemy. "Who are you?"

"Well, just a scientist." The enigma continued, "I've been working on some experiments." He pointed to Yuko's body. 

Something around them growled. 

The man chuckled.

"What kind of experiment do you call this?" Freed shouted, angered by the man. 

"A.. kind of.. dragon experiment.."

---

Natsu lunged towards the man's head. 

(guess who's ba k bak again)