Chapter 10

"Come dance!" Beatrice, Eugenie at her side, called over the thudding music that filled the Buckingham Palace throne room. Will and Kate's reception was in full swing, and Jackie still hadn't had a moment alone with Harry. She'd been looking for him all day, but he was always tied up with someone else.

Jackie joined Harry's younger cousins for a dance, laughing and singing along. The 300 guests who had been invited to the private reception were having a blast. The drinks were flowing and a DJ and Ellie Goulding were taking turns performing. The song came to a close and Jackie excused herself to find Kate.

The bride and groom were standing at the edge of the dance floor, sipping champagne and laughing. Jackie joined her friends and said, "I just wanted to say how incredibly happy I am for the two of you."

Kate and Will 'aww-ed' and pulled her into a group hug. "We're so happy you agreed to be in the wedding, you've made it so easy for me," Kate said.

"And that made it easy for me," Will added, earning laughs from Jackie and Kate.

"Oh, also-"

Jackie cut Kate off when she saw the most handsome man in the room appear on the dance floor. "Hold that thought," Jackie said, leaving Will and Kate and walking towards Harry.

As she neared him, she was brought back to when they were young. Her love for Harry had never been stronger- not even in the "honeymoon phase" of their relationship when it first began. Something about him was absolutely magical; his dedication to his work, his charities, his family, and the way he could make a whole room laugh with one word. She longed for the way he used to look at her, the way he used to hold her, the way he used to kiss her.

Harry looked up to see Jackie, his eyes lighting up. She grinned at him, and he smiled in return.

"Can we talk for a minute?" Jackie asked.

As she spoke, Ellie Goulding took the stage, tapping on the microphone, before she began to sing "Something in the Way You Move."

Harry's eyes widened. "Let's dance first." He took ahold of her hands and gave her a spin before pulling her close to him.

Dancing with Harry was enough fun to make even the toughest person laugh. He actually was very good, but his humor showed in his dance moves. He sang along to the music, leading Jackie through a mix of moves that ranged from formal ballroom dancing to somewhat vulgar club dancing. At one point Jackie and Kate locked eyes across the room, Kate giving her a wide smile and a thumbs up. Jackie returned the gesture before Harry dipped her so low her hair brushed the ground.

The song ended, leaving both Jackie and Harry out of breath. She wasn't sure if it was the dancing or being close to Harry again that made her heart pound.

Jackie grabbed ahold of the sleeve of Harry's suit, tugging him towards the exit. As soon as they were in the hallway, Jackie pressed her lips into Harry's, taking ahold of the collar of his dress shirt. Harry's hands found the sides of her face, and he deepened the kiss

They broke apart with a gasp, both sporting huge grins.

"Does this mean we're getting back together?" Harry asked.

Jackie laughed. "Definitely."

"I'm- so- happy-" Harry breathed between kisses, pulling Jackie into one of the hallways farther from the ballroom. The thud of the music faded along with the risk of someone coming across them. They made out like teenagers for a moment before Jackie pulled away and looked around. She jiggled the handle of one of the nearby doors, opening it to reveal a cleaning supply closet.

Jackie and Harry looked at each other and shrugged before going in and closing the door behind them.

---

Jackie self-conciosuly tugged at the skirt of her dress, paranoid it would be tucked into her underwear. She peeked around the corner of the hall and didn't see anyone, so she made a mad dash to the throne room, slipping inside and joining the rest of the guests. Harry should be following behind in about 30 seconds.

Trying to be casual, Jackie approached Kate with a smile. Her friend was standing alone at the edge of the dance floor, watching the other guests dance and smiling.

"Where've you been?" Kate asked.

Jackie lied quickly, "Oh, I was just taking a walk."

Kate sniffed the air next to Jackie. "Why do you smell like bleach? And the back of your hair is all flat."

Before Jackie could answer, Kate gasped. "Jackie!"

Jackie couldn't contain a laugh as she tried to keep her expression serious, matching Kate's tone as she said, "What?"

"Where's Harry?" Kate asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"Probably still in the closet down the hall," Jackie gushed, unable to hold back giddy laughter.

Kate put a hand over her mouth, giving Jackie a shove. "How dare you, at my wedding? And in a cleaning closet, none the less."

Jackie giggled. "You were the one begging me to give him another chance."

"I thought maybe you would give him another chance in a bed," Kate hissed, her mouth curved into a smile. "Despite this entire situation being wildly inappropriate, I'm really happy for you two."

Jackie put an arm around her best friend. "So am I."

Right on cue, Harry pushed through the guests on the dance floor, standing next to Jackie and Kate. "Hey," he greeted breathlessly.

Kate raised a brow. "What's wrong with your tie?"

Harry looked down, fumbling with his tie, which was nearly turned all the way around. "Oh, I-"

Kate laughed as Jackie fixed Harry's tie, giving him a pat on the chest. "There."

Harry looked down at Jackie with shining eyes. "Thanks."

Jackie felt a warmth in her heart that she hadn't felt in years. All was well.

THE END.

---

I hope you all enjoyed this special edition of Royals! :)