Chapter 6

'Inside Will and Kate's Engagement Party!'

'Clarence House was bumping last Friday as 50 guests enjoyed a party celebrating the engagement of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.'

'The guest list was composed of close family and friends of the couple, including the Middleton clan, Prince Charles and Camilla, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and of course, Prince Harry and Jacqueline Baker.'

'Guests dined on a meal catered by a local London restaurant, and danced the night away to music mixed by a DJ. Prince Harry reportedly took a turn at the DJ stand, an insider tells the DailyMail he's a natural.'

'"Harry was sort of the MC for the night, he gave a speech and introduced the other speakers, like Charles and Jackie [Baker]. He's great fun, and really spiced up the night," says the insider. They also reported Jacqueline "Jackie" Baker was the party-planner, and she did an outstanding job. "Everyone had a lot of fun."'

'The royal wedding is rumored to be taking place in April of next year, just 5 short months away. Though the wedding party hasn't been announced, as the planner of the engagement party, it seems Jackie Baker may have the maid of honor spot. 

'As for a Prince Harry and Jackie Baker reunion, the verdict is still out. The couple dated from 2001-2008, their split hardly amicable.  A source close to Ms. Baker tells the DailyMail that, "He broke her heart and devastated himself in the process. Jackie's healed now, so who knows what will happen."'

---

Jackie closed her laptop, her mind racing. She assumed a member of the catering staff had leaked the details about the party, it was nearly inevitable. As to the claim that Harry  broke her heart, she had no idea who would tell the press. It was true, but no member of the catering staff would know that.

She curled up on her couch, resting her head against the wall. She'd just returned from a 12 hour shift at the hospital, and only had 12 hours until she went back. Jackie planned on taking a long shower, eating some Chinese food, and getting a good night's sleep. 

Before she could dial her favorite carry-out restaurant, her phone rang in her hand. 

"Hello?"

"Jackie!" Kate's voice called from the other end. 

"Hey!" Jackie kicked off her tennis shoes. "What's up?"

"Will and I wanted to get some of our friends together and go out tomorrow night," Kate said. Jackie could hear two voices in the background, and it didn't take long for her to realize they belonged to Will and Harry. 

"Who's invited?" Jackie asked. 

"Will and I, you, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie, and anyone you can think of," Kate replied. Jackie could hear Harry's muffled voice say something, and William laugh in response. She bristled at the thought of Harry mocking her- though she couldn't be certain that's what he was doing. 

Jackie blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Can I bring a date?" 

Kate paused. "Sure, but who?"

"You haven't met him," Jackie lied. "I guess you'll see tomorrow."

---

"I don't know who I can bring," Jackie groaned, rubbing her temples.

Emily looked sympathetic. "Did you ask John in pediatrics?"

Jackie nodded. "And Ben the EMT and Robert in oncology."

Jackie and Emily had scraped the bottom of the single-male-hospital-worker barrel. She was desperate- someone had to go out with her to Boujis, the favorite club of just about every VIP in London, to make Harry jealous. She didn't know why she felt the strong urge to make Harry feel uncomfortable and upset, but it was driving her to extreme lengths to find a date.